Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, August 26, 2011

Where did the day go?


For the life of me I could not go to sleep last night, finally dozed off around 5:00 am so it was no wonder I did not wake up until 12:25 p.m.  The only reason I woke up was because the aroma coming from the kitchen was delicious and made me hungry.

Mom asked me what time we were leaving.  I asked leaving to where?  That is when she reminded me I had to drive her to her doctor's appointment.  I could not believe I actually forgot something as important as that.  Sleep depravation or CRS syndrome?

You know how it is, you go to your appointment but it is usually hours later until you actually see the doctor.  Picked up a Texas Monthly magazine I believe (don't quote me, you know how my memory is) and it had an article on all the state parks that were acquired since the 1960's to present day.  Of course one of those parks being Big Bend Ranch State Park.  Made for interesting reading and finished just in the nick of time before they called us in.

While in town I noticed that the price of gas had gone up at HEB from $3.51 yesterday to $3.55 today.  However across the street at Stripes it was still at $3.51 so I did not hesitate for one minute and pulled in to fill up.  I thought the price of gas was going down not up.

On the plus side the clerk told me I could get a free 64 oz drink.   It is a promotion they were having for filling up your vehicle.  So if you are in Del Rio fill up at Stripes, we have three stores in town to serve you.  That is my chamber of commerce plug of the day :-D

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. You do'n just fine on your blog'n little girl. Now go to Walmart and buy you one them digital camera thingys and post some pics. Would love to see a pic of your wonderful mechanic....or his place of business....or "mom"....the weeds.....you know what I'm talk'n bout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ms B....first time commenter here.

    I used to camp out at BBSP alot..used to go to the national park, but too many tourists, Winnibagos, paved roads and concrete picnic tables for my taste. The state park is all gravel roads and only primitive off-grid camping spots. I've camped there in yrs past when I was the ONLY camper in all their 300,000 acres. Very remote and quiet and beautiful.
    Me and Littlefoot will be checking your blog now.
    adios and good TR dreams to you too.
    Bigfoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment BB :-)

    Regarding the digital camera, I am hoping that I left it in Houston. Don't want to go through the expense of buying a new one when the one I misplaced is only a couple of months old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bigfoot - you and Ara are the only bloggers I "know" that have camped out there. The majority of the people prefer the National Park.

    One of these days I hope to be able to spend a couple of days there but will have to be in late fall or early winter.

    Thank you for checking out my blog and you guys feel free to come back soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.