Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, September 15, 2011

ADT Security

For those of you with security systems in your homes, do you do the monthly test?  No, me neither.  Last time I was here I noticed that the red monitoring light did not go off everytime I walked by.   Kept on walking by it and no dice.

Called to schedule an appointment and was told it would a week to ten days.  Funny how when they broke in they had their agent at my door the very next morning, actually I thought it was the detective assigned to my case but no it was an ADT salesmen.  Must clarify the break in had occurred a month and a half prior but I did not know about it until I came home and made the report.

He was a nice gentlemen who worked with Brinks security for years but now that ADT bought them out he was glad he still had a job.  Apart from signing a three year contract if anything goes wrong with your system you have to fork out $25.00 for a service call.  The things I do for peace of mind...

Talked to my mom today and unfortunately I gave her my cold.  I knew I needed to leave and head back to Houston because I feared that would happen but there was no way I could have driven feeling the way that I did.

For the Texans who may be reading this, do you all recall that famous Houston hand doctor that patented a special hand surgery method?  his name is Dr. Brown of the Brown Hand Centers?  He was a creepy older guy who would come out in commercials with his much younger wife and a bunch of little girls and finally his baby son?   I had no idea he was going through such a public divorce.  They talk about him in the news like he was some sort of celebrity.

His wife was such a homey looking woman and now she is dating Jeff Bagwell!!  How did she go from creepy guy to Jeff Bagwell?

Well good night fellow bloggers.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Let me see if I got this right. You got a security system that don't work. How I do'n so far? Ya got broke into and no detectives showed up. But there was a salesman hang'n round your door tell'n you for $25 he'll turn your system back on. Something mighty strange bout that.

    I don't know this Jeff Bagwell, but I may know Dr. Brown. Related to James Brown...right?

    Call mom and tell her to take 6 vitimin "C" right now. Wouldn't hurt you to take some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Billy Bob not exactly. They broke into my house almost three years ago when I DID NOT have a security system. My lovely neighbor The Town Crier would always call me for silly stuff but when I really needed her she claimed she lost my number. What she was gambling on was the FEAR factor and that I would want to sell her my home.

    The salesman that showed up sold me the whole package which involves you signing a three year contract. No detective ever showed up just a policeman with a case number for me to follow up on.

    My system is working just that the sensor needed to be replaced. That is why I had to pay $25.00 for a service call.

    They broke into my SHED in the backyard supposedly earlier this month but since I only have junk in there I did not even bother to report it.

    Jeff Bagwell played for the Houston Astros for a long time. He is a very nice and handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.