Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Funeral, Computer, Bad Cough

No, I did not give up on my blog...yet :)

Left for Del Rio early last Friday morning to attend Mr. C's wake and funeral.   It was supposed to take place Monday but the out-of-town children being the majority changed it to Friday and Saturday so they could get back to their lives.

I started feeling a little weak and tired after the funeral but thought it was the lack of sleep and the long drive but I began to feel worst.  Most people in the blogger world know that I am a night owl, I may go to bed at 7:00 a.m. but NEVER at 7:00 p.m.

I then developed a BAD cough and I think that was due to all the ice water I had to keep cool as I did not turn on the A/C while in Houston...got to prepare for life off- the-grid when I finally make it to Terlingua.  But I am feeling much better now.

However my old laptop I think has finally bit the dust.  It powers on and I get the picture desktop but NO icons.  Oh well, it served it purpose for 7 years.  I am blogging from the infernal keyboard of my netbook.  I thought my carpal tunnel syndrome was a thing of the past but I am finding that not to be the case.

I am back in Houston for a couple of days or until I can resolve some issues...more about that on future blogs.

Wanted to thank Hobojoe and Pat Dwyer for signing up as followers.  Thank you for your readership. :-)

8 comments:

  1. hope ya feeling better, staying up late at all hours of the night is bad for your health, i know because i work shift work. takes me all night to do what i used to do all night. Hee-Hawwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you didn't give up on the blog! Also glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no excuse RedEyeMule, I know it is bad for me but sometimes I just can not go to sleep at night EXCEPT when I get back from Terlingua.

    I leave all my stress and problems there and come back feeling refreshed and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking in Bel and for your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well shoot MsB, we neighbors. You over there in the big city an' me out here in the woods with all the critters, just a few miles apart.

    I'm think'n it gots something to do with the humidity around Houston what got ya feel'n bad. I sure do feel like poop this morn'n (humidity...I knows it got to be humidity).

    Hang on to that dream.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes BB we sure are neighbors if only for a while. Please be careful with all the fires. Glad I got in early because the fire at George Bush park sure caused a lot of traffic nightmares and frightened many residents.

    Heck, I didn't even know we had a Geroge Bush park. When I got the cold I was in Del Rio but the humidity here last night was AWFUL especially without A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nick, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.