Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, September 17, 2011

It finally rained

Last night I went to bed at 6:10 p.m.  this cold has really worn me down.  I woke up at 11:00 p.m. and decided to see if the hoodlums were outside partying.  No hoodlums just my lovely next door neighbor, the town crier watering her lawn. Humm....we are not supposed to water our lawn until 12:01 am to 10:00 a.m and tonight from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

I was not feeling up to watering the yard at midnight so I went back to bed.  Got up at 5:00 a.m. to put out the trash and to go buy me breakfast at Jack in the Box.  For some reason I have been starving since I got sick...odd :-(

Talk to mom and she is convinced that I have something else besides a cold.  Like some kind of mosquito transmitting disease.  If I don't get better I will go see a doctor in Cd. Acuna, Coahuila, Mexico.  That is the border city across from Del Rio, Texas.  As I do not have health insurance, it is easier for me to go see a doctor there where the costs range from $5.00 to $30.00 USD.

This afternoon around 1:00 p.m. it finally rained, don't know how much but it rained for a good while and at a steady pace.  Right now I am fixing to go pick up my dry cleaning and the Sunday paper...I know it is not Sunday, but in Houston we buy the Sunday paper on Saturday :-)

If I get to feeling better I will leave tomorrow if not maybe Monday.

9 comments:

  1. We haven't gotten rain but it's getting darker and windy. I am in Houston too.

    Hope you don't have anything more than a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of that sicky feeling you're experiencing. I had a little something buggin' me last winter. Ended up in hospital for a week with a nasty upper respiratory infection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing your pennance for camping in your van,how bout this idea I stumbled across on another blog.
    Van camping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ms B...here's that auto transport outfit. I don't know anything good or bad about them, but the guy that hired them for the Packard said they were reasonably priced.

    http://www.rdautotransport.com/

    Hope all is well.

    Bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bel - hope you had a good stay in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben liked that video but I bet it cost $$$$ and I really do not need the kitchen part. This is the first time I see someone going camping and using real dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bigfoot - thank you very much for that information!!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.