Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day.  My day started off early, a cold front came through.  Got to watering the plants and trees this morning so I would not have to do it this evening.  I was still half asleep when I saw fire coming from a house down the road.  With all the news about wildfires I turned off the hose and ran to the corner to see what was going on.  It was some idiot burning rubbish when this county is under a burn ban and has been for months.  Did I mention we also had wind?  Some people are so foolish.  Several cars stopped and he finally put the fire out.

We took Mom's car to town.  The brakes work but there is some loud noise coming from the motor, noise the worthless mechanic said was due to the fact that the car was old.  Funny it did not make that sound before he got a hold of it.  But I don't want to dwell on that or I will get upset.  Guess we will just have to learn to live with it :-(

This afternoon we took Dad's car for a spin around the block.  Runs OK but has a strong smell to gasoline.  I swear these cars are a big headache.  Sure wish I could find an honest mechanic but I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Good night.  May you have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry bout your car issues. Think I'd find out where that gas smell is coming from. That , as you know, could be a serious dangerous issue.

    I got an honest mechanic up here by me, he's good. Not cheap nor speedy, but honest and good. His first priority is the people who need their cars for work though. If I go in with a little something he sticks me down on the list.
    How many cars you got? And Which one is Your Camping out thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morn'n MsB....it chaps me when a woman has to deal with a mechanic. It's a "poke and hope" profession where a woman stands no chance. The most fearful mechanic is the one operating on a shoestring replacing willygiggers and jimaflochies just to make a buck. And the car still runs like a Murry lawn tractor.
    The gasoline smell in dads car is a time bomb. Don't drive it. Gasoline is leaking out the carburetor on to the engine look'n for a place to catch fire. Very very dangerous. Find someone....anybody, to open the hood and locate the leak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. check yer fuel lines , and like BB said dont start it or drive it. glad u had a good Labor Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben too bad your mechanic is so far away. I doubt dad's car would even make it to Bracketville :D

    Those two vehicles are my parents but I am the chauffer. My van "Terlita" is my camping van but she is having transmission issues.

    My other vehicle is a 72 Cutlass that has a dead battery, flat tire and 4 year old gas in the tank and is resting in my garage in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB, thank you for your input. All I need is the hardest part...find a GOOD mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick hope you had a good Labor Day as well. Will not be driving the vehicle anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.