Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bloggers Meet

I have been mentioning the past couple of days how I wanted to meet Billy Bob http://billybobsplace.blogspot.com/  and Barney http://ofmadventures.blogspot.com/ but was afraid I might give them my cold/flu. Today I finished my antibiotic regiment and decided to take dad’s old car for a spin to the San Pedro Campground in Lake Amistad.

I made a sign that said “I’m MsBelinda” in case Billy Bob decided to go firing off his gun :)  I spotted Billy Bob sitting outside by the shade of a tree (ok sort of a tree) honked my horn and waved and he waved back but I don’t think he had a clue who the heck I was.

Made a turn and parked in the camp next to his just far enough so if dad’s car went up in flames (read prior post on worthless mechanic) I would not catch “Sally Da House” on fire.  Just as I got off with my sign Barney came out of his Castle and we sat and had a very enjoyable conversation.

I took the following pictures just bear in mind that the date on my camera is not working properly and it is obviously NOT April 30th nor was it 6:42 a.m.




It was late in the afternoon just before five o’clock so it was not hot and we had a nice breeze and cloudy skies.  It was relaxing and I loved hearing their stories.  Would have liked to stay longer but I left at 7:00 p.m. because the lights on dad’s old car are rather dim and I cannot see well at night.

Forgot to mention that I also met Sadie Mae, she is such a sweet dog, did not even bark at me.  Barney woke her up out of her nap to let her know there was a little rabbit and she took off chasing after it.  We also saw three doe’s and alerted her of them but I don’t think she saw them and went back to napping.

Billy Bob, Barney have a nice and safe trip wherever your next adventure takes you and know that you have a friend in Del Rio, Texas.

9 comments:

  1. I posted this on Monday October 10, 2011 but I met them on Sunday October 9, 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sign MsBelinda! I'm glad you got to meet up with those two characters, and I really... really enjoyed reading that story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool - must be really nice to meet "friends" for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best part of the two pictures is now we know what YOU look like. :-)

    Where'd the green grass come from? They water it there in the park? The Mesquite being green I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have had the pleasure of meeting the notorious one BB. Whats he trying to do, win a beard contest?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hobojoe - glad you enjoyed the story and the sign. You would have to read through BB blog a couple of years to understand why I made it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani it was very nice to finally meet fellow bloggers live and in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Ben, now everyone knows what I look like. Don't know if that is good or bad.

    Even in this drought Del Rio had 5 inches of rain in August of which 4.47 fell in one day. In September we had 2.5 and I am not sure how much we have had this month.

    The campground also has water but due to fallen lake levels not so much at this time. That is why the grass is green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick - now I too have had the pleasure of meeting the notorious Billy Bob and as an extra treat Barney.

    I like the beard, it goes with his personality :-)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.