Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I am climbing the walls

I feel like Hobo Joe  http://hoboroad.blogspot.com/  he is climbing the walls because he is trying to give up smoking and I am climbing the walls trying to do my taxes.  You might think that one thing does not have to do with the other but nothing could be farther from the truth we are both feeling desperate, helpless and edgy at least on my part.  I apologize to Hobo Joe if I put words in his mouth.

It does not help that I also drank a 16oz cup of coffee this morning so I could be bright, alert and focused.  Well the truth is that all I am is nervous, in a bad mood and hating the IRS.  Mind you, I don’t mind paying my fair share of taxes; I just hate all the forms and the gathering of information.  I KNOW it is all my darn fault for waiting till the last minute, so if anyone is to blame…the fault is all MINE.

I have gone through a zillion boxes and finally found last year’s return in a nice little binder that my CPA prepared for me but it’s like 30 pages.  Did I screw up by trying to save $220.00?

At Hobo Joe’s suggestion went to Walmart to get TurboTax but they don’t have that anymore as everyone but ME has already filed their taxes.  Did go online but the version I require cost $74.95 and the point here was to save money.

Will try to complete it myself and read that dumb thick book but if not will have to buy the download version.  Have until Monday October 17th at 11:59 p.m. PT to decide even though since I live in central time zone perhaps not.

I apologize to all the blogs that I follow as I probably wont be able to post until this nightmare is over. 

7 comments:

  1. May I humbly suggest that you find a local Tax prep expert next time? I won't even attempt to file my own, and haven't in years. I take my guy my WW receipts and he ask a few questions about purchases ( car, home, etc) I go away and about 5 days in my case the paper work is ready to be mailed or electronically filed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologize MsB, desperate, helpless, and edgy is just about right. I'm much better now though :) Good luck on your tax issue. If you decide to download Turbotax, look around because a lot of sites have discounted prices. Try Amazon maybe. But, with a 30 page tax return, I'm thinking Ben has the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might try TaxAct.com...used to be a $10 download for the simple version.

    FYI...B'foot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben, thank you for your suggestion and I will certainly take your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HoboJoe, thank you for not taking offense to my comment. I am glad you are doing better. Giving up smoking is not easy but the reason you are doing it speaks volumes of the type of person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bigfoot thank you for the link. At this late date it appears to be free. While the simple version can not help me perhaps it can help another person when preparing next years taxes that are just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UPDATE

    Since I have no idea how to edit posts decided to do so in the comments section.

    On Thursday I got the phone book out and started calling local CPA's was turned downed by one because they were very busy and could not take new clients at this late date.

    Was turned down by another but begged and pleaded with the secretary/receptionist and while she could not promise me anything would "try" to get her boss to see me.

    Got a call early Friday that he had agreed to see me and he now has my paperwork in his able hands.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.