Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tent Shower

Got a nice e-mail from a reader asking me to elaborate more about my tent shower, as they had never heard of one before.

They come in all sizes, my first one was pop up one 4 x 4 that I purchased from Cabela’s this is not the one but it resembles it in many aspects http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=746435&destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct.jsp%3FproductId%3D735058%26type%3Dproduct&WTz_l=YMAL%3BIK-516873

I have never been able to fold it no matter how many times I have watched the video.  It really did not matter as I had Terlita and there was plenty of room in the van to accommodate it.  Here is a picture back from the 2007 Cook-off and I used it along with my Zodi water heater.



I bought another one at Wal-Mart in 2008 that was a little more compact but it was only 3.5 x 3.5 and got skinnier on the way up.  I still have it but I don’t much care for it.

Last year I purchased a 4 x 4 shower so I could have a little more room to put a chair in there (so I could sit down and shave my legs) that is the one that got trashed this year.  I also purchased it at Wal-Mart for around $39.00 and in my opinion worth every penny.




The shower has mesh on three sides to let the water out and in the center there is room to hang your solar shower bag but I can’t really lift that much weight without assistance so I prefer to heat my water in clear gallon milk jugs and then pour it in my garden hose sprayer.  It also has a back window that you can zip and unzip to let it air out and dry quicker but it is hot enough in Terlingua that you don’t really need to do that.


This is what was left of my shower


I also take this opportunity to thank Terry for signing on as a follower.

2 comments:

  1. This is just what we need. We built our composting toilet to take out to the property next week. (I can't remember if I told you we bought 40 acres on Terlingua Ranch)...anyway, we haven't built anything out there yet, so need something to keep the composting toilet in for the week.

    Thanks for the post B...

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.