Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I have never in my life gone to the grocery store on Thanksgiving day but since I was going to prepare my first turkey dinner wanted to do it right and decided to go to HEB to pick up crescent rolls and egg nog.


Was surprised at the number of people there at 1:00 p.m. considering they were closing the store at 2:00 p.m.  Some had cart fulls of stuff while others I suspect dinner guests had beer, wine, pies and flower arrangements in their carts.

As you can see I survived cooking my first Thanksgiving turkey and did not kill my mom or myself in the process.  Hope everyone had a wonderful day as well.

Is everyone ready to go take advantage of Black Friday deals at midnight?  I must admit that I only went once and that was like eleven years ago when the offers began at 6:00 a.m. at Wal-Mart.  Not being a morning person I showed up at 8:00 a.m. and by that time the TV/VCR I wanted was long gone.

The one thing I miss about Houston is the wide variety of stores all within ten minutes drive of my house.  Here in Del Rio the only big retail store is Super Wal-Mart.  I am a fan of Target and now that stores open up at midnight and me being a night owl I think I would go there and to Academy.  But alas the nearest Target and Academy are in San Antonio a whole three hours away.

Would like to welcome WeArePennyandCJ as followers.  Thank you for reading my blog.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams..

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on surviving your first turkey prep. I hope it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joe. What can I say, I am bias...I thought it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor misguided child! Going to the store on Thanksgiving Day!!! Are you nuts? :-)
    And who said you HAVE to have Turkey on Thanksgiving? What's wrong with a big ole plate of homemade Tamales, several dipping sauces and Frijoles Refritos, and fresh tortillas? With some pan dulce and Mexican Coffee Flavored with cinnamon, chocolate and vanilla, Serve with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.

    We gonna have to check your Birth Certificate Girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very hard to make a comment after the one above, which seems a mite racist to me in many ways.
    I dearly do hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I applaud you for your attempt at a traditional 'turkey' dinner. I would'a ate it and smiled the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben people learn by trial and error, you can bet I will never go to the store on Thanksgiving again but never having gone before I figured no one would be there at that late hour.

    Now Ben you have "known me" for three years, you know I burn water how in the heck do you expect me to make homemade tamales, dipping sauces or fresh tortillas? I don't do coffee either unless I have a long drive.

    Oh no Ben Trump not my birth certificate!!! I swear my name is not Belinda Obama :D

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.