Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another year comes to an end

When I was a teenager it seemed like the year lasted forever, now in my later years they just fly by. This year in particular came and went at what seems like the bat of an eye.

I have never really been into going out on New Year’s.  I usually spend it at home as I will tonight.  Will stay up mainly because we live in the county where the use of firecrackers is permitted.  The neighbors are going crazy popping them left and right.

It is a shame that the man that mother hired to mow her grass never showed back up but of course that was expected.  Mother is a little upset because I blogged about it.  With the grass being as tall as it is, it can easy catch on fire.  The last thing we need is for the house to burn down, so I have the hoses ready just in case.

If you go out tonight please be careful.  I wish each and every one of you a very happy and prosperous New Year.

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you MsBelinda, may the coming year be good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your good wishes Joe. May the coming year be good to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this is THE year you get your little piece of heaven out in the Chihuahuan desert in Terlingua and fulfill your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great New Year MsB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dave. I hope you have a great year too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your Eve was safe. No fires...we have the same problem where we live. Idiots.

    Hubby stayed home and watched for fire, I went to Austin with my niece and listened to this great kid play the guitar. He was on Letterman this month, Gary Clark Jr. Think I will blog about him tomorrow.

    Hoping your 2012 is wonderful B...and may YOU have Terlingua Dreams this year!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed yourself in Austin. I usually watch Letterman but perhaps I missed the day this young man played. Definitively blog about it.

    May this year be wonderful to you and yours as well Terry.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.