Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Joint Problem

To say that I got a good night sleep would be a lie.  Could not go to sleep no matter how hard I tried.  Finally got up at 7:30 a.m. and people in the blogsphere know that unless I am traveling or have some pressing business…this gal is NOT a morning person.

We had beautiful weather and a little bit of wind, which is conducive to doing laundry and actually getting it to dry (we don’t have a drier, we use a clothesline).  However I could not get my mind off of my shared bank account number with an absolute stranger.

Got the phone book out and looked up the gentlemen’s name and thank goodness he had an actually landline number listed.  Debated for a while whether to call him or not and inform him of the situation since I knew darn well IBC Bank was NOT going to do it.

At noon after weighing the pros and cons decided if the shoe was on the other foot, I would want to know about our joint problem.  I must say he was a very nice gentleman and just from talking to him I could tell he was a man of honor, and that was of great comfort to me.

He has not one but several accounts at IBC and informed me that the one we have in common is not a checking account but a CD account.  That is the reason why no money was actually commingled or compromised in our duplicate account. 

Around 3:58 p.m. I got a hysterical call from the little boy who had unsuccessfully tried to help me at the bank yesterday but did not have the cojones to go up to the manager in charge and interrupt his dual conversation on his cell phone and regular phone nor his immediate supervisor who was engaged in a very loud personal conversation with one of his “boyfriends”.

Did he really think I was going to leave it at “Believe me you have nothing to worry about.  If I thought your account would be compromised in anyway, I would be the first person telling you to close it.”  He obviously does not know me…

He wanted to know HOW I had been able to locate Mr.____  I told him “ how do you think?  The phone book of course” his next question was “what did you tell him?”  My answer “why don’t you tell ME what YOU are doing about my problem?”  His reply “I told you your account was not being compromised”. 

Well this little boy better be trembling in his boots (even though he was wearing shoes) because my account may be a little measly one which they can easily afford to lose but I don’t think they want to lose this gentleman’s business.  He must have scared him silly for him to have called me in such a panic :D

This afternoon a man from my mom’s congregation came by because “he had noticed her grass was tall”.  I had not seen him in four years and though I cannot prove it, I think his son had something to do with the disappearance of my beloved 14-year-old cat that mysteriously vanished the last time he mowed her yard. 

Of course mother hired him on the spot.  I would not have a problem with it if it weren’t for the fact that he never quite completes the job.  He will mow one day and then show up two or three weeks later to “finish the job”.  There is nothing I hate more than people who do not honor their word or lack a work ethic, to me they are BUMS.  However, I cannot say anything bad about him or my mother takes it as a personal attack on her friends.  It was hard to keep my mouth shut but I know deep down inside that he is NOT going to show up tomorrow.  Oh well, it is her money not mine.

I would like to welcome the Foot family (Big Foot, Little Foot and Underfoot) for signing on as followers.  Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. Seems like the bank would want to get your problem fixed ASAP. Keep pushing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the very least demand they give you a whole brand new account , that way you get a different acc. number. Happen to me a few years ago.. What a PITA till we got it straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been at the same bank for 25 years.

    Somehow, my son who I have listed as my beneficiary upon my death, was told he is joint owner of my account and when he inquired further...he of course could draw out what ever money he wanted. He called me.

    If he had been in a car accident and sued for that or any other reason my account could have been depleted with no recourse since they had made it a joint account (and no notice to me)

    I won't disclose what I said to the bank manager.

    The Bottom Line for me is...."Many Many people just do not care......I see it on an everyday basis."

    I am a retired ICU nurse and our patients would have died had their nurses had the "Not Care" work ethic.

    ps Thank you for your proper grammar usage. It makes reading your blog a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm think'n long the lines of closing your account and making a new account. But I bet ya buck, they won't let ya do that with the other guy having the same account number. Makes ya wonder how they could possibly have 2 different customers with the same account number....sheesh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very scary thing there. Sure hope they get it straightened out fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to clarify that I really do not want a new account number. I just ordered four boxes of checks back in October. I have all of my utilities automatically debited from here.

    It is also end of the year and I need to write a lot of checks to cover the different taxing entities so it would not be convenient for me to get a new account or for that matter change banks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea - it is a good thing your son discovered that error before something like you mentioned could have taken place.

    Far too many people do not care or for that matter take pride in their work anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MsB, sorry for your issue's with the bank.
    Am anticipating the return of the camera next weeek, let me know if you need it, I will send to you.

    Suerte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suerte, thank you for your kind offer to let me use your camera but I think I am going to buy me one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He has not one but several accounts at IBC and informed me that the one we have in common is not a checking account but a CD account. That is the reason why no money was actually commingled or compromised in our duplicate account.

    The more I read about this bank issue the more confused I get.

    You have a a checking account #1234 and he has a CD account #1234. I do not see that there is a duplicate account and as you said there was no money commingled because they are two separate accounts.

    I guess what the bank has done is screwed up the name and or address but they did not issue duplicate accounts. But I'm only guessing based on your story so far.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.