Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunny but cool Sunday

Last night my neighbor lady called me at 10:30 p.m. to let me know she was back from her Christmas shopping trip.  She lives a block down from me and she is a very sweet lady who is in the homeowners association board of directors. Told her I was already in my pajamas and if I could take her my keys tomorrow (today).

She agreed since it was late for me to be walking at that hour.  However she is a chatter and she kept me on the phone for 3 hours 20 minutes 12 seconds.  It would not be so bad if she had not told me these stories hundreds of times before.  I would politely say,  “Yes Ms. Josie, you mentioned that to me before” but it would go in one ear and out the other.  She spent two of those hours telling me about her late husband’s funeral.  I never met her husband besides he died in 1991 and she hated him.  Serves me right for misplacing my keys!!

Needless to say I woke up late.  Had a couple of errands to run but decided to read the Houston Chronicle instead.  What a treat that was, it has been such a long time that I do not read the paper cover to cover.  Lots of information and well worth its price.  Can’t say that about the Del Rio News Herald, they can’t even get the spelling right.  You would think a newspaper would use spell check.


Even though it is well worth the $2.00 price I buy my newspaper at the .99 Cents Only Store for $1.50 on Saturday


Had an interesting article on tiny houses and people that design and live in them

It was a beautiful sunny day even though a bit on the cool side.  Tomorrow in the afternoon we are supposed to see rain.  We need it and its welcomed.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Is your ear swollen? Sounds like your neighbor is a very lonely lady. You did a nice thing by being patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Joe I would not say she is lonely. Being in the approval commitee she visits and talks to a lot of people on a daily basis.

    She is well liked in our subdivision and invited to lots of events...I just think she likes to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your paper. It looks like the same people published yours as mine!! Same front page and stories.

    When I lived down in that area I seem to remember reading the Houston Post. Are they out of business now?

    Sorry your neighbor lady pinned you down so long. Telling someone Stop , I got things to do is hard. I got one ole bud who just absolutely will not shut up and hang up. Hard to get him off the phone at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Houston Post went out of business a long time ago. I personally did not like the layout, content or anything about it.

    Some people at work referred to it as a "commie rag" and in my opinion it paled by comparison to The Chronicle.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.