Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, January 27, 2012

First Blogger, now Cricket…HELP!!!

Just when I thought all my blogging issues had been resolved my ISP decides to throw a wrench in it.  I have been trying to answer comments on my blog since 8:30 p.m. it is now a little past 2:00 a.m. and after multiple conversations with Cricket customer service, I am finally able to respond.

I had the same thing happen last week.  Could read my blog as well as other blogs but as soon as I tried to respond to a comment or leave a comment the page was re-directed to a Cricket page with a banner that read “It appears that you may be using your phone as a modem” your plan does not allow Tethering…WTF (excuse my French)…I don’t even own a cell phone!!! Only plan I have with Cricket is a broadband connection that is no better than my former dial-up and just as slow!!!

According to one of the customer service guys (out of three that I spoke to tonight) Cricket is promoting a new service for an additional $10.00 a month to use your Cricket cell phone for tethering and it is affecting a lot of customers even those that do not have a cell phone plan like myself.

Sure hope they get their act together.  Last week I was able to get a live operator.  Today I had to cheat, if you have the same problem choose the option START NEW SERVICE and you will instantly get a flesh and blood person.

I wanted to welcome Abby to my blog, thank you for signing on.

Would also like to thank all the people that read me whether you follow me or not.  I try to answer all comments whether on my blog or my e-mail.  I think I owe all my readers the courtesy of a reply.  Sometimes it may take me a while since I do not go online every day but please bear with me.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Customer NOservice? I learned a trick if I call some place and get a tech who's fist language is NOT English.I ask (in my broken excuse of Spanish) if he speaks Spanish. Usually that will get you a Bi-lingual English/ Spanish person in the US . Then you can continue on in your preferred language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good trick Ben will have to keep that in mind. I needed that last week when I had to register my ATM card and got a lady in India or some foreign country and as hard as I tried I could not understand her English.

      Luckily I had opted for a survey before the conversation began fearing as much. It was a recording though but I left them a piece of my mind.

      Delete
  2. MsB:
    I enjoy every post, I like the Del Rio area, and wish I could be there more, as a matter of fact, we are looking for a small place around there now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suerte.

      Del Rio is a great area, right now there are a lot of houses for sale. I am sure you could find a great buy.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you're having trouble with your ISP now. The version of Linux I use finally upgraded Firefox a couple of days ago and it seems to have solved the comment problems. (For now anyway)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it rains it pours Tffn :-(

      This morning everything seems to be working fine but I don't know for how long.

      Wish I was more computer savvy like yourself. Have heard you and others mention Linux and Firefox but I have no idea how they work or if they would even work with this old computer. For now I am ok with IE and Google Chrome.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.