Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Sprinkles

This morning I was rudely awaken at 9:31 a.m. not to yapping Chihuahua’s but by the sound of a weed eater.  Tried to ignore it but then I asked myself…could it possibly be Mata Gatos (Cat Killer)?  It would fit his M.O. of showing up on a day with crappy weather and with thunderstorms looming.

Got up and informed Mom that her hired help was back.  Was surprised he stayed for two whole hours, heck weeds are already growing in the area he last mowed a couple weeks back.  Only reason I am even mentioning it, is so I can have a cyber record of his “work schedule”.

It started sprinkling just before noon and kept on for about three hours. This was a great day to stay home and just chill but alas it was not to be.  Mother asked me to drive her to her friend’s house to pick up some items.  Once in town she decided she wanted to go to HEB and then we swung by the P.O. Box.


Could not help but notice that gas is now $3.38 a gallon. That is 20 cents more than what I filled up at just last week.  Glad we have an economical vehicle.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are posting the work ethics of the "cat killer". Will be interesting reading a year from now when "mom" hires him to fix the cars and work on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness NO!! It was bad enough with the "worthless mechanic", there is no way I will let her hire him to work on the cars.

      Wish Blogger would let us use smilies..so **here is my head shaking from side to side**

      Delete
  2. MsB, gas here this morning was $349.9, every where I passed.
    I remember when it was 26 cents myself. But that was when we had no a/c or many comforts at home, oh well.......
    I really enjoy your post's.

    Suerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess we are not that high in Del Rio then. Hate to think how much folks in the Big Bend area are paying.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.