Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, February 11, 2012

10,000 Visitor

And my 10,000 visitor is…………

Drum roll please…..the 10,000 visitor to theTerlingua Dreams blogspot is………

What did you think you were reading JW’s blog?  I have absolutely NO idea who it was.   The best I can do is take pictures of my computer screen. I was 9,999 and as luck would have it 10,001. 

 
As luck would have it when I did my post my counter showed me to be the 9,999 visitor

As I was changing header picture the 10,000 person visited making me 10.001


Sorry folks that is as high tech as it gets in this blog.  Seriously guys thank you for taking the time to read this meaningless gibberish.  I never even thought I would get 1,000 hits in one year let alone 10,000 in almost 6 months. 

Got up early so I could attend the HEB Wellness Fair that is held the second weekend of the month.  As you recall the last Health Fair I attended was in January and that is where the nurse told me I needed to have an A1C blood Glucose Screening.  This test tells you whether or not you are a diabetic.  Your reading should be 6 or less mine was 6.9 pretty much borderline.  It cost $29.99 but I got it for free with a coupon that came in the HEB RxRewards Platinum that I joined yesterday.

I also had a full Lipid Panel Screening this measures your cholesterol levels, which is something I have been struggling with for a long time. I think it was well worth the $29.99 price.  This one came out bad as well.

The blood pressure screening was free but OMG…it was high!!  Darn I think I might as well put myself out to pasture.  All in all I think it was a pretty productive day and I have got to do a lot of thinking.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got the free screenings. Those numbers are good to know. NOW, The Cholesterol is easy to control with simple diet changes.
    Blood Pressure high? OK, now that you had a free test get to a real doctor and find out where you are and get it down. It can kill you!!! Mine is simple to maintain with one itty bitty pill and simply taking salt out of my diet. Git if fixed cause sitting around worrying about it only makes it worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Ben the cholesterol is hard to control part of it is hereditary. The medication costs an arm and a leg but I was getting free samples for a time from my doctor. I take two different medication or perhaps I should say "used to take".

    They also have to check your liver function while on this medication and that cost $185.00 that is why I found the $29.99 price a real bargain.

    I do take my blood pressure medication but yesterday since I had to be fasting I skipped it. The last time I checked that medication cost $80.00 some dollars but I buy it in Mexico for $20.00 and I am not talking name brand here these are generic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I do take my blood pressure medication but yesterday since I had to be fasting I skipped it."

      Fasting does NOT mean you do not take whatever medication you might be required to take on a daily basis. Take your medicines with plain water and you are still fasting.

      Delete
    2. I did not know it at the time Ed but I will in the future. Thank you.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.