Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, February 16, 2012

BLOGGER – Why the two word verification?

First of all I want to apologize to Billy Bob of Billy Bob’s Travels fame http://billybobsplace.blogspot.com/ as I thought HE had placed a two password verification on his blog when that was not the case.  I would go and personally apologize but you know, the two-word verification BS…hay chihuahua!!!

I would not have a problem with it if one of the passwords was not so darn hard to make out and I inevitably get another password to try and then another because I CANT MAKE IT OUT!!!!

It is hard enough to get people to comment on blogs; now with this change it makes it almost impossible.  Blogger if you want to make this new change, fine, but can we have the option of opting out of it if we want to?

End of rant.

12 comments:

  1. The word verification thing is a choice set by the blogger . Not all sites require it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With comment moderation on your blog I figured your site would not require it but it does.

      Just left you a comment and it asked for the 2 word verification.

      Delete
  2. Well poop. I have enough problem with one word, much less two. I've noticed a few bloggers have switched over to Wordpress because of all the problems with Google. But of course, there is one Google blogger that has no issues what so ever. He must be one of the 1% while the other 99% of us continue to pull our hair out by the roots. Dad burn rich people get everything on a silver platter. Time to "occupy google".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, your blog now has the 2 word system....and boy howdy did I ever get lucky. Got it the first try, although it was a wild guess. So here we go again......

    Holy crap....white page, white, page, white page....choose profile, choose profile.....copy paste, copy paste.....damn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah Billy Bob, sorry for thinking it was only your site but your blog was the first one I commented on last night.

      Delete
  4. Yup, the blogger controls whether the site has WV or not. But the STYLE of the verification, from one readable word to two words (one ALWAYS unreadable) has to be coming from Blogger. And it switched in the past day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't go online till late at night and it was precisely last night that I first noticed it.

      If the UNREADABLE word was easier to make out, I might not be so mad at blogger.

      Thank you for your visit Mr. Green.

      Delete
  5. Yes indeed! I feel the same way about tissue paper on commode seats,how much protecting do we need?

    the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Rat you always know how to make me laugh:D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.