Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 10, 2012

How can someone hate Betty Boop?

Took my mother to her ophthalmologist appointment.  This is the second time she sees this particular doctor and even though we both have a hard time understanding him she seems to like him better than the other two she has seen in the past.

He had concluded his examination and we were headed for the door.  He was in back of me when I thought I heard him say, “I have always hated Betty Boop”.  I thought perhaps since he has a thick accent that I had misunderstood, so I turned around and said “I am sorry what did you say?” To which he replied, “ I have always hated Betty Boop, something about her big head and little body.  Who in the world has a big head like that?  Just something wrong about that doll, I just hate her.  I thought a reaction like that especially coming from a MAN was hilarious.  I smiled at him and said, “You hate her and I LOVE her”.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was wearing my Betty Boop scrub top.  I laughed all the way to the car.  I would love to know the real story behind his hatred of a cartoon character.  Why would a MAN care one way or the other about how big Betty’s head is?  Maybe if he had said “dislike” but to use the word “hate”?  Did a girl in his distant past like Betty Boop but hate him?

We swung by HEB to fill the prescription he gave her but just like there are benefits to living in a small town there are also drawbacks.  It was not in stock and they will have
to order it from San Antonio should be here Sunday.

I was talking to the pharmacy technician about their Wellness Health Fair that they hold the second weekend of the month and she told me about HEB Rx Rewards for people like myself that do not have health insurance and can obtain select generic medications for $5.00 for a 30 day supply.  Decided to enroll and my $5.00 membership fee will actually be free because it comes with a $5.00 off coupon for one of the tests I want to take.  More on that on a future blog.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Ok, I gotta finally ask, what is HEB. I know it is a grocery, but what do the initials stand for?

    And, to answer a question you asked on my blog awhile back, TurtleLady is Nancye. She and her husband Bill have been friends of mine for over 30 years. We balance each other well, she is artistic and I'm a techno-geek. We kick each other in the tail when necessary to further our stated dreams/plans. Works well for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stands for Howard E Butts.

      The orgional owners , Charles C Butts and Florence Butts named the store after there son Howard E Butts back in 1905 when the first store was in Kerville.

      Thanks for answering my question about TurtleLady.

      Delete
  2. Lol, no MEN commented on Betty Boop :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a man! I hate betty boop too. Since I was tiny, her crazy inhuman buttock-face always gave me the willies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (In case you wonder, i found this by googling "hate betty boop" after seeing a really annoying Lancome ad on Rotten Tomatoes for the 115th time, to see if anyone else had the same thing. Me and a dentist it seems - perhaps we should form a support group.)

      Delete
  4. I'm a man! I hate betty boop too. Since I was tiny, her crazy inhuman buttock-face always gave me the willies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain O....I also ended up here after googling "I hate Betty Boop" 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys. I too found this by googling “I hate Betty Boop” after my daughter mentioned getting a Betty Boop patch for her backpack. I’ve always hated Betty Boop. Not sure why but glad to know I’m not alone

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.