Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, March 30, 2012

Finally Some Rest

I spent all day yesterday napping.  I slept through two of my soap operas, now that is being tired!

This morning I did try to upload my pictures to Photobucket but with this slow Internet connection it will probably be a full day event.

Yesterday the county guys came through with tractors and mowed the so-called shoulder. They did not do a very good job and instead their heavy tires made the ruts deeper.  I did a better job last week of clearing the high weeds with my shovel and hoe.

Which brings me back to having to do more yard work as the rains have made the weeds spring back up after only one week, sigh!!  The mosquitoes must have hitched a ride back to Del Rio with me because they are all over the place.

Mom’s washing machine has a burning smell to it after the first load.  Will have to get a service man to check it out but our agenda is pretty much full.  I do not want to go to a Laundromat but what choice do I have?  All I know is that it will not be today.

4 comments:

  1. Good choice in NOT using the washing machine if it smells like something is burning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school of hard knocks has taught me that it is best to be safe than sorry.

      Delete
  2. Had my last washer dump all the water when that rubber thangy under the tub, broke. Horrible,,,lol. Still won't leave the house when either the washer or dryer are running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing happened to my mom, that is why the washer is no longer in the house.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.