Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Readers Questions and Concerns

I did a blog of our trip to Eagle Pass on February 23, 2012.  Since then I have gotten a lot of e-mails asking why I did not do a post on Piedras Negras (across the border from Eagle Pass) or at least post a couple of pictures.

My answer:  I had every intention to do a post but was having a lot of problems with my slow ISP as well as uploading pictures to Photobucket so I nixed the idea but by popular demand will post some of the photos I took.  However bear in mind that driving in Mexico is very different from driving in the US, you have to be on your toes because they weave in and out of traffic especially taxis and motorcycles.  I had to stop to get the shots I did or take them while waiting at a stoplight.

Some e-mails I received also questioned the safety issue involved when crossing to Mexico with the drug cartels and associated violence and if it was a wise decision on my part to do so.

My answer: Living along the Texas-Mexico border I am certainly aware of the dangers and while each of us have different tolerance levels or definition of what constitutes dangerous climates I have no problem going into Mexico but only in certain border towns like Del Rio, Eagle Pass and Presidio, Texas.  You would  NEVER catch me crossing El Paso into Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Laredo into Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas or other border towns in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

Why just these towns?  Because I am familiar with them, I visit them often with the exception of Presidio, Texas but I would have no qualms crossing there either.  As a matter of fact Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila is considered the safest border to visit in Texas.  Hope that answers your questions if not feel free to e-mail me at msbelinda@hotmail.com or you can leave me a comment here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.