Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, April 20, 2012

On the Mend

I am on the mend after my fall.  Spent Wednesday in pain so decided to go pay the good doctor a visit.  Nothing is broken just a little sore and bruised.


I have been taking it easy this past couple of days.  The pain pills make me sleepy so I have been napping all day and going to bed by 10:00 o’clock.  As you know something quite rare for me the night owl!

We went back to Ciudad Acuna today and I decided that this time I would cross the International Bridge at Amistad Dam so I could see how far along the progress was on the new border crossing station.



Got a nice older agent who was not bitter or in a bad mood.  I guess I can see how agents working in congested crossing, out in the elements and having to deal with hundreds of people daily would not have a sense of humor.



 
Working at the Dam you probably have a car crossing maybe every ten minutes?  You inspect their documents and then go back into air conditioning and sit down until the next vehicle comes along.  Then you have the added bonus of looking at a beautiful and tranquil setting.  It is no wonder these agents are in a good mood.




I asked this nice officer when the new station would open and he told me that my guess was as good as his since they had delayed the move on three occasions and that at least on paper they were supposed to have been already there.




Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Glad it wasn't worse, but that soreness can be horrible..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms B, hope you feel better soon!
    Suerte

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you heal real fast.

    the rat

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.