Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Heat is Here to Stay

If you have been reading this dribble you know I usually wait till late at night to do my post. Yesterday I did a post early in the day something I do not normally do but the circumstances warranted it.

Besides being in shock over Donna Summer’s untimely death I also had to take my mother to her doctor’s appointment yesterday.  The reason I had gone online to begin with was to check out this week’s specials at the Del Rio HEB so we could swing by afterwards.

I get all the Houston local grocery store ads via e-mail and it just kills me to have to pay the Del Rio prices for the same exact thing.  Sure wish we had other groceries stores to choose from.

We have had the air condition off since the rains began and the temperatures became tolerable.  However, when we got back home yesterday the house was an inferno, so the A/C had to be turned on this time for the rest of the season.

It was so nice and cool that I slept like a baby and forgot to make my post.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. MsB:
    We have Super S grocery store here in our little town, and they are sky high compared to HEB in Austin, although I sometimes wonder if we save any money by going to town with a 40 mile round trip, with gasoline so high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But don't you work in Austin? Patti could give you a list and you could go shopping after work and thus avoid making a separate trip to town.

      Delete
  2. Agree with the above!!! We have ONE grocery, was a SS too, but now a Lowe's,,worse. And yes, with a long list it pays to go that 40 mile round trip, i do it too. HEB is that far.
    Never a fan of disco, ol R&R here,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree sometimes it pays off to make that long trip because in the end you do end up saving money even with the cost of gas factored in.

      Delete
  3. Hadn't heard about Donna Summer until now. Hate to hear that. As for heat it was 101 in here by 3:30 yesterday and was still 93 by midnight. Was 70 in here at 7:30 this morning. If I hadn't had the swamp cooler (without water) blowing on me all night I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness 101 is just too hot this early in the season, worst yet 93 by midnight.

      David you don't know how much I admire your tenacity. You have really suffered a lot since you moved to Terlingua and I am not just talking about the temperatures.

      Hope you always have that fighting spirit that has carried you for so long.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.