Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recycling Wednesday

I was finally able to make it to our local recycling center.  Funny I used to take stuff to Houston to recycle and now it is the other way around.  The Houston recycling centers are a bit far from my house while the one in Del Rio is centrally located.


Could not help but think of Ginger and Frann when I saw blue wine bottles someone had discarded as they both were collecting them to incorporate in their Terlingua homes.



They had a bunch of televisions.  When I discarded mine this center did not exit.  I had to take it to the city dump, get in line behind the trash trucks, then ended up getting a flat.  I swore it would be the first and last time I would ever go there and so far have kept my promise.



Had not blogged since I basically wasted two days waiting on my propane provider.  I do not know what is happening to him but ever since he switched employers it is like he doesn’t give a darn about his customers.  Used to be able to call him and he would be here within the hour or I could count on him to deliver that same day.

Bunch of old computers too



Called him early Monday and he said he would be here and if not he would call me…sure he called me at 5:10 p.m. to let me know he had ran out of propane and could not make it but he would here on Tuesday.  He made it all right but at 3:42 p.m., which pretty much shot my day to hell.


I swung by the post office today to mail off a very important package, which true to my procrastinating ways needed to have been mailed off in April.  I am marking the date as this is not just a blog but my cyber diary…as we all know about my CRS syndrome!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. thank you for writing about recycling. I see my neighbors sit perfectly good items out for the garbage truck every week and it makes me sad.The local thrift store would send a truck out to pick up a lot of the stuff but they won't call.

    Sorry your propane man is giving you trouble.Maybe it is just me but it seems everybody now days has gotten pretty unreliable. You can't count on the garbage truck showing up where I live. I wonder how long it would take the police? You have a wonderful day.
    the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one thing I wish we had in Del Rio a local charity or thrifty store that would come pick up like they do in big cities.

      There is one local church that accepts furniture and household appliances but you have to take it to their installations.

      Delete
  2. There's a lady here that makes bottle trees, her yard is full of them. AND she has a sign out by the curb,,"no pics"!!! I'm gonna stop and get some some time,,just cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha...they don't call you TROUBLE for nothing :D

      Delete
  3. MsB:
    I know how important a good propane provider is, good luck in the future.

    Suerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In his old job he used to tell me he delivered to ranches in Sanderson...who knows you might even know him.

      This time the tank got down to 10 percent of capacity...will never let that happen again!

      Delete
  4. We got a new flat screen tv for the guest bedroom last week, I put our old one on Craig's List, and it was gone in less than an hour. I really didn't want to pay to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was more computer savvy. Would like to get rid of a lot of thing that I have in Houston but need to learn more about Craig's List.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.