Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Slept In

For the life of me I could not go to sleep last night or rather this morning, so it is no wonder I slept until 1:30 p.m. and only because I smelled mom’s cooking and got hungry. 

After the incident with the “worm” I have not gone back to the laundry room/storage room/tool shed nor do I plan to.  I keep my weed eater, cords, and garden tools in there so decided to hire someone else to do the lawn.

Friday morning I called one of mother’s acquaintances that trims trees and mows lawns for a living and left him a message.  I cannot believe he has not had the courtesy to return my call.  Will give him until Monday then I am calling someone else.  In case you are wondering NO, I did not call Mata Gatos (mother’s yard man that never finishes the job).

I used to watch Saturday Night Live back in 80’s and 90’s when they actually had a funny cast.  I will watch it now and then but seldom do I watch the whole thing. Tonight they had the season finale with Mick Jagger, while not a fan of his…it was not bad.

Oh yeah, just a reminder to not forget to watch the solar eclipse tomorrow if you are so inclined.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I have lots of nites like that. Don't know why.
    That "snake" is a lot more scared of you, than the other way around. Well, maybe not, but you see what i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the heat around here its usually after midnight before its cool enough to sleep decent. The cool mornings are when I get my best sleep.

    Guess I missed your post about the snake. Was probably a garter snake? I've yet to see any worms that move fast.

    Thanks for the tip on the eclipse. I hadn't heard anything about it. I'll probably use my welding hood to view it and may try to catch a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I am in Houston I do not turn on the A/C unless it is really really HOT. But I was so tired from all the work I did that even though it was uncomfortably warm I was able to sleep.

      I am trying to convince myself that the worm was a garden snake.

      After posting about it...I FORGOT about the eclipse...lol, talk about CRS :)

      Delete
  3. MsB, as luck would have it it clouded up about an hour before the eclipse so we didn't get to see it down here. I felt a couple of drops of water out of that was all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is shame Tffn, it sure would of looked pretty in the Terlingua desert.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.