Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Issues with Cricket

I have been having a lot of problems getting my pictures to upload to Photobucket.  They have taken up to five hours and sometimes could not load them up at all because my Cricket Broadband (more like dial-up) would go dormant.  Other times when I was writing a comment and would hit the publish button, what I wrote would go to “cyber comment heaven”.  It would then proceed to inform me that I was not connected to the Internet.

Last night was the final straw when I was not able to connect at all.  Called their worthless technical support around 2:30 a.m. only to get a recording saying they were closed.  I recall when I had MSN dial-up… I was able to get in touch with them 24/7.

This morning I was finally able to reach them and was told my modem was the culprit and I needed to go to the store to pick up a new one. Since I have insurance it would cost me $20.00 plus tax.  Wonder what it would cost if I did not have insurance?  Posed the question to the lady and she told me she had no idea.  Talk about knowledgeable sales staff!


A trip to the only Cricket store in town on a Saturday with the limited parking space as well as sitting capacity of that store was not exactly what I wanted to do today but oh well… I do like my Internet…slow and all.  To think that in Houston I have four Cricket stores within a 5-mile radius of my house, including one that I can even walk to if need be.


When I got back home there was this small cat with black stripes curled up by my chair in the front porch.  At first I thought someone had dumped him/her but then I realized it was about 3 or 4 months old and very skinny.  It broke my heart to see this poor cat but right now I cannot take in any pets.

Walter came by but he got spooked when he saw me and retreated back home.  He came back several times afterwards but he never did touch the water I left out for him.  Poor horse being out in the sun has probably fried his brain and he does not know who I am anymore.  At least he does remember there is plenty of grass for him to eat here.

Going price for gas today in Del Rio, Texas

I am pretty tired this evening so I think I am going to turn in early…well that is early for me.  By that I mean I won’t be going to bed at 5:00 a.m.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I'm think'n that the government is directly involved with internet service in Del Rio. I have Verizon, the BIGGEST internet provider in the whole US and it don't work in Del Rio. You would think that a big corporation such as Verizon would have some control over our government, but that's not the case. Not right....just not right.

    You better be put'n out some food and water for that poor little starv'n to death kitty. Wouldn't be like you was tak'n on a pet. Be more like you was tak'n on a responsibility to feed and care for the hungry.....like ya do for Walter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verizon holds the concession for the residential as well as the business landline telephones in Del Rio. That is the only reason that I can think of that they do not offer cell phone coverage as well. Would be considered a monopoly.

      I might put out some water for it but no food. I have a feeling she is a girl and then we will be invaded by kittens.

      Delete
  2. Well BB answered my ?,,,
    I don't want stray cats around so i never put out anything to attract them. Cats are very self sufficient too. I'm thinking more about the diseases than anything, and rabies is around a lot now. Yeah, it breaks my heart to see a hungry one, but,,,first thing you know, they're sick, or reproducing,, or fighting with yours. Sorry,,no deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never put out anything to attract cats or dogs but even before our cinder block fence collapsed after seven inches fell one night back in May 2010...cats are hard to keep out.

      Back when I had my cats (only had one cat at a time) all these other cats would show up and want to fight with them.

      Since I no longer have a cat, they are welcome to nap under the cars and eat mice and hopefully kill snakes but that is as far as they can go.

      Delete
  3. MsB:
    I can't stand dealing with phone companies, I have AT&T and it works everywhere that I go, including Del Rio, or Sanderson, or in Big Bend Park( although you have to be in the right place in the park ).
    Hope that kitty is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suerte if I were to get a cell phone, it would have to be one from AT&T. For one when I lived full time in Houston I had AT&T internet service and I was very satisfied with them as well as their customer service department. My Houston landline phone is still with them.

    Second, AT&T was one of the first wireless service companies that could be used at the CASI chili cook-off when they put up a cellular tower at the event. My friends that had AT&T could use their phones without having to pay roaming.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.