Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Making Headway

Got up early and decided to hit the grocery stores before the masses arrived.  As I have mentioned on various occasions, I am not a morning person, so I was shocked that on Sunday there would be people at 7:00 a.m. grocery shopping.  Guess I figured they would be sleeping late or getting ready for church…guess I was wrong!

My first stop was Joe V’s and I lucked out with the special of the day…Restaurant style chips 14 oz.  These sell in Del Rio for $1.50 each and I got them…2 for $1.00 !!!


Have you noticed how high mayonnaise has been lately?  Almost reaching $4.00…well I found it here for $1.98.


Then it was off to Food Town where I found a 3lb bag of small red potatoes for $1.59 and 5 lb bag of carrots for $2.99, avocados 3/ $1.00 and my favorite Blue Bell ice cream ½ gallon for $3.33 with their in-store coupon.  Hunts tomato sauce sold for 3/ $1.00 and even though a couple months ago I bought it 4/1.00 it is still a good price in comparison to what it sells for in Del Rio.


This afternoon after the sun went down I tackled the backyard, stayed out till 9:00 p.m. but was not able to finish. Grass is way too high, hopefully I can finish it off tomorrow but I wont hold my breath on that happening.

I am so surprised that after all the rain we got there was not a single mosquito out there.  Guess I better hurry up before their eggs start to hatch.  As usual due to my CRS, I forgot to bring Skin So Soft the only mosquito repellent that works for me.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like some good deals to me. I don't think I ever saw Houston when there weren't mosquitoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two stores always have good deals and the best part is that they are close by.

      I too am shocked about no mosquitoes, back in March and April they ate me up :-(

      Delete
  2. I"m in shock every time i go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Trouble, specially in Del Rio!

      Say what you may about Houston but one thing they do have is competitive prices.

      Delete
  3. Looks like some good deals were made at the grocery. Don't overheat yourself doing that yard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the money I save shopping in Houston I can almost pay for the gas to get back to Del Rio.

      Will certainly take my time with the yard work :D

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a very productive shopping trip. I love food, so grocery shopping is rather fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun for me as well Dizzy, specially if I am saving money :)

      Delete
  5. I wish I was in houston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terlingua Bandito, tuff guy, Complaints? are really Nick The Prick Cooper. Nick did you quit taking your medication again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey now tuff guy isnt me , look at the email. not fair david smith

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.