Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, June 29, 2012

Tired and Whiny

These past two days we have been under an Ozone Alert and today I have not even bothered to check.  Basically what an ozone alert means is that people with breathing problems, the young, the elderly or people not in good health should not be outside.  For that matter even people in good health as the air is filled with contaminants.

Wednesday I took it to heart and gave myself a day off…yesterday Ozone Alert or not I had to try to mow that backyard.  Spent five hours out there but gave up at noon.  Noticed some clouds but the weather guy said no rain was in the forecast until this weekend.  After I took a shower I sat down to rest when all of a sudden I heard thunder so had to run back out to put up my lawn mower and weed eater that I had left out with the hopes of getting back to it in the late evening. 

Unless you have a bad back you have no idea how hard it is to be able to lift things.  I managed to throw my two bicycles out of the shed to make room for the lawn mower but lifting that sucker up, what two or three inches and in a hurry without my back brace put a hurting on me.

God I hate yard work!  This morning the grass was still too moist to cut specially with an electric lawn mower. Yesterday, being more concerned about the mower and the weed eater, I forgot to put up my 100 ft. cord.  Since it is rare that it rains when I mow the grass, does anyone know if this matters? I don’t want to die electrocuted!

I purchased a pair of Walkie Talkies about a year and half ago and for the life of me have never been able to open them.  On two occasions I had to take them back to Academy so they could help me put batteries in them. The manager remembered me and he gave me a brand new pair!  Now that is what I call good customer service.

On the other hand I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut yesterday and it was AWFUL, it was not even well cooked.  Called to complain and all the girl could tell me is “we can make you another one MsBelinda” yeah like I was going to eat a second pizza after they get through “playing” with it when customers complain.  This was supposed to be my reward for all my hard work but as tired as I was and as much as my back hurt I did not ask to speak to the manager, as I should of in the first place.

Received my new Homeowners Insurance Policy (remember I had to drive to downtown to make a deposit at my bank) well this is the second time I ask that my address be changed to Del Rio, guess where it arrived?  Yeap, here in Houston…and I’m supposed to be “In Good Hands”…imagine if I weren’t?

Ok, that is all my belly aching and whining for today.  Need to go redeem my Staples Rewards coupons that expire tomorrow as well as buy a couple of groceries.

2 comments:

  1. Yes,it is very dangerous to mess with the cord when the ground is wet. Carefully unplug it, or shut off the power first. Then it will not bite you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for answering my question Lou.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.