Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Two Trips to Town

Got up early (for me) 8:11 a.m. and decided to water the trees along with the few plants I have not managed to kill yet.  It was overcast but humid and we did get a shower…well more like a sprinkle… that lasted all of two minutes.  That is when I spotted a county worker mowing on the main road into the sub-division.  Waved to him and asked him if he would be kind enough to mow where my weed eater was not able reach outside of mother’s fence and he did.  Must say the new County Commissioner for my district has done a great job and has kept his campaign promises something rarely seen these days.



Trouble in Texas asked if the header picture was my house.  No, it is not.  We were driving around when I saw the beautiful Esperanza’s in this house and just had to take a picture.  Esperanza’s are very popular in Del Rio and you will see them in the yards of humble homes as well as in mansions.  I bought two for my Mom last year but lost one to the sleet.



Have not called the Maytag guy so decided to drive into town to visit the local laundromat.  The big machines are still $3.00 each but the regular washing machines jumped in price from $1.75 to $2.00 guess it is only a matter of time before the price goes up on the others as well.  Have a lot blankets as well as my sleeping bags to wash so I will probably be making a return trip soon.

One of the main reasons I drove into town besides washing clothes was to pick up my mother’s medications but as hot as it was decided I would do so AFTER I finished washing.  You guess it…I FORGOT!!  Darn, this CRS (Can’t Remember Sh*#) syndrome is getting worst.  Needless to say, had to make another trip to town :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. LOLOL on your CRS,,,i blame it on the statin i take, even have "proof" i cut out of the paper a few weeks ago. Also, this cricket sound in my ears, i blame on the diuretics,, saw that on my research. Damned if u do, damned if u don't..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Statins cause memory loss and are found in medication for the treatment of high cholesterol.

      Have to choose if I want to have a stroke and/or heart attack or simply forget who the heck I am.

      Guess I have to choose the lesser of the two evils :(

      Delete
  2. Those esparanza's are beautiful, we planted 3 in our yard last week, hope the heat does not kill them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esperanza's are pretty hardy plants and seem to do well in heat and moderate drought...but not in sleet.

      They are definitively beautiful and I am sure Pati and you can make them grow big.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.