Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Well, I really messed up!!

Came to update my blog when I am greeted with blank spaces in one of the posts I was most proud of “The Sage is Blooming”.  Turns out I deleted some pictures in Photobucket that I thought were duplicates and I guess they were the ones linked to my blog post.  I will have to fix that but it will have to be another night, sigh!

Del Rio only has trash service once a week, so I was outside last night until pretty late raking and filling up trash bags.  This morning my arms hurt but I had to go tackle the weeds growing on the street side of the fence since it is highly unlikely the county will mow again until next spring.

It was hot outside and I had my big brim hat, sunglasses and plenty of cold water on hand to help me bear the elements.  I could see Walter in his stable with the darn sun bearing down upon him and his one little lowly mesquite tree for shade.


I took this picture last month.  The Mesquite tree offers little shade.
School is over and the owner’s son was most likely in his air conditioned home watching TV or playing videos and probably does not even care the poor horse had no shade and probably hot water…that is if he had water at all!  All the darn kid had to do was get off his fat rear end and let him come to our property.  It saddens me that some people have no consideration for their animals.

Was outside for around four hours, came in took a shower and ate.  Then Mom and I sat down to watch the news and we BOTH fell asleep until 7:00 p.m.   Well at least we got a good two-hour nap.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Burns me up when people abuse innocent animals. Dammit!! Hope they go to hell when they die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you open his gate? I doubt if they would care, and Walter would love you for it...
    Maybe that's the last time you will have to tend to the weeds, they won't grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with opening his gate is that I would be trespassing on private property and if something happened to him (he likes to graze on the street side of our fence) I could be held liable.

      Unfortunately Mom's weeds grow year around :(

      Delete
  3. The pictures from my blog all went to Picasa web album. I still look through them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that mean that ALL bloggers have a Picasa web album? If so how do I access it?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.