Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chewy

Made it back to Del Rio on Friday after working on what Billy Bob would refer to as “that yard” both Wednesday and Thursday.  I was so tired I was in bed before the evening news even came on.

Note the workmanship on this fence.  Fence is not six months old and built
by Mr. Town Crier a jack of all trades and master of none.  His wife the
lovely Mrs. Town Crier wants me to hire her husband to replace the fence that is falling
by my little shed...that is not likely to happen!

The 4th of July I went to dinner at Taco Cabana and even wrote a short blog on the back of my shopping list but never had a chance to post it… fell asleep until I was rudely awaken by the neighbors popping fireworks.  I know I live in the county but this is a residential neighborhood and the houses are pretty close together, they really need to look into banning them like they do in the City of Houston and other communities.


I think there is a conspiracy by the fast food places in Houston to keep me away.  I have never had so many problems at fast food joints like in this last visit.  Lets see:

Kentucky Fried Chicken - shorted me a piece of chicken

Pizza Hut – gave me an uncooked pizza

Taco Cabana - did not include flour tortillas with my order

Popeye’s – asked for a side order of mash potatoes and was given white rice and gravy instead.

When I first got to Houston I could not help but notice several signs for this cute little missing dog.  I had never seen someone offer that much money for the return of a pet.  Could not help but wonder if it belonged to a little kid and how sad they must be that it was missing.  When I left the signs were still up, so I guess no one has returned it yet.


Hope none one gets that virus that is supposed to infect some computers tomorrow.  Was going to check to see if my machine was compromised but true to my procrastinating ways never got around to it.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. Great job!! Are you actually thru with the yard? lololol.
    I've learned the hard way every time, to check to-go orders, 9 out of 10 are wrong. No one can get decent workers any more. And,, they can't make change, i have to tell em most of the time what they owe ME...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I sure tried to get that grass cut real good so it will take time for it to grow back!

      Funny thing they even messed up my order at Taco Cabana and I ate there.

      Delete
  2. Even worse is going through the drive through. I think we all know what happens when you do that. Sure is the pits to get home and find part of your order missing or even worse that you got someone else's order and you can't stand what it was that the other person ordered. Even worse than that is when the restaurant was 10 miles away.

    Judging from the looks of the dog I'd figure it was the property of a well to do older couple or maybe widow or widower who have the $ to pay a reward like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza Hut did offer to make me another pizza but I was not about to drive eight miles to pick it up.

      I think you are right about Chewy, it must be an older couple or widower because I don't think the parents of a young child would offer that much.

      They went to a lot of trouble to make the signs and then have them placed througout the neighborhood.

      To think my mother balked when I offered $100.00 for the return of my cat :(

      Delete
  3. Like David said, going through a drive through is a nightmare. I usually have something missing also. I went to one drive through and started ordering and the wife changed her mind, I told the girl to cancel that order and she told me she couldn't cancel it that I had to take what was ordered. I told her she could pay for it then and drove off made me madder then heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have driven away as well.

      Here I thought it was only me, guess it is more common place than I imagined.

      Delete
  4. I told an employee at one of the FFRs she gave me the wrong order one time and she went ballistic saying she did not. I thought we were fixing to go to blows before the manager stepped in with my correct order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they fired her!

      It seems like a lot of FFR workers don't take pride in their work.

      Delete
  5. MsBelinda, you know that part of that ginormous megalopolis better than I. Do you think it's possible Chewy could have gotten all the way over to Perry Rd from Veterans Memorial in a day?

    Looking at the map, it's maybe about 5-6 miles & it seems he maybe could have done it (judging from some of the dogs I've found and reunited with owners who lived pretty far away.)

    Reason I ask is that "Chewy" the Chihuahua seems to have escaped a boarding facility (a way-too-common occurrence, by the way) on Vets-Memorial between 1960 & Beltway 8 on June 28, according to Lost A Dog:

    http://www.lostadog.com/ (scroll down on the front page to June 28th)

    And entering the date & area on google just now, then doing a quickie scan of classifieds, I immediately found a "small brown dog" requiring further ID to be claimed which was found on 1960 at Perry on the 29th:

    http://www.classifiedads.com/pet_lost_and_found-ad16540616.htm

    Hmmm. I think I'm gonna call & check tomorrow morning if these two dogs are one and the same. Just can't stand the idea of that scared little dog being separated from his owner so long.

    And, hey, if the dog found on Perry Rd isn't Chewy, maybe you and your new husband could bring him on up to Kerrville to your big ol' ranch to keep your Del Rio neighbor's horse company? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for shedding some more light into Chewy's disappearance, that explains why so much money is being offered for his return since it was the fault of a boarding facility.

      Scared little dogs are capable of travelling a lot of miles though it would be hard for him to have gone from Veterans Memorial to Perry Road without getting hit by a car or mauled by bigger dogs.

      Delete
  6. UPDATE: I called this AM & nope, not the same dog, dangit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for calling to see if this might be Chewy. I hope they will soon find him. Judging from his picture bet someone took it home as a pet for their kids.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, Belinda, I'm afraid it might be absurdly wishful thinking to think he could survive the route over there or in fact anywhere very far from the high traffic location from which he escaped. He'd have to have crossed the Tomball Parkway too to get to Perry, right?

    But I found another dog listing at the Hou SPCA, rescued in NW Houston, with a pic which really looks like Chewy to me:

    http://www.houstonspca.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=24635&news_iv_ctrl=1104

    So I called the number on Chewy's ad and left a message for her to call those people if she hasn't already. And I didn't leave my number so she could let me know how this turns out, since I think now I'm just going to 'pretend' that this new one is Chewy, that he miraculously survived being lost on those busy highways and that he'll be back at home safe & sound with his family this evening. The alternative is just too depressing to contemplate.

    [Sigh]Anyway, I did my part - or the part I'd hope someone might do for me if my dog were to escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leilani that chihuaha does bare a resemblence to Chewy. I am also going to pretend that it is him.

      Thank you for carrying!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.