Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, July 23, 2012

Lies

If there is one thing I detest, it is people that feel the need to lie.  Why? Isn’t telling the truth much better?  I am not talking about little white lies, like telling a person they do not look fat in those jeans or that their new hair color is very becoming when in actuality it makes them look like a clown.

I have a cousin who is only four days older than I am and the tales she weaves are worthy of a storyline in a soap opera.  I take everything she tells me with a grain of salt but my mother whole-heartedly believes her.  Saturday evening she called to tell us that she was coming to Del Rio via Greyhound and would arrive on Sunday but she would call us to let us know what time so we could pick her up.

I got online and checked the schedule.  I told my mother that she probably thought it cost $30.00 for a ticket from Houston to Del Rio but a round trip fare is $189.00 and doubted she was going to fork that out for a two day stay.  She never called back.  I called her at home as well as to her cell and left several messages…we have yet to hear back from her.

My mother stayed up till midnight last night because the last bus arrives at 10:55 p.m. and she did not want me to drive into town by myself.  Just to calm her I personally went to the bus station today but they said they do not keep passengers list.  Went to the taxi service across the street but they did not pick a fare that matched her description.

I know nothing happened to her but I can hardly wait to see what tall tale she comes up with.  I think this is so inconsiderate knowing that my mom is in her 80’s and not in the best of health.

Ran several errands while I was in town that included a trip to Cricket.  Remember last month I had to replace the broadband modem? At the time the sales lady told me she was going to upgrade me to a faster speed for free…but that I had to come back in July because she could not do it in June. After waiting for 40 minutes the girl told me that she could not find where the sales rep had made a notation to that effect. Told me to come back tomorrow when that sales rep will be back at work.  As busy as this storefront is, I do not know if I want to waste my time.  With my luck it was a lie as well!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. If you live in Houston (from your last blog), Del Rio is a long drive to pick someone up at the bus station. Why doesn't she take a bus from there to Houston? That is a many hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you missunderstood Dizzy. While I technically live in Houston as well as my cousin, I spend 90 percent of my time in Del Rio where I currently am at this time.

    She was going to take a Greyhound bus from Houston to Del Rio to come visit my mom. I was supposed to pick her up at the Del Rio bus station.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.