Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, July 30, 2012

Yard Work / Leaking water meter

It has been exactly two weeks since Mata Gatos came and mowed along the street side of the front fence.  Well he mowed but did not bother to rake, bag or pick up the clippings (he is worthless).  I had raked and made little piles but ran out of trash bags so today I could not put it off any longer and finished the job.

I put my new pruner to use and even managed to haul the limbs to the imaginary curb (we have no curb).  It was getting hot so decided to put off lugging the rest of the tree branches until this evening.  Wouldn’t you know it the truck that picks up yard rubbish decided to come by…yeap, if it wasn’t for bad luck I would have no luck at all!

In my to do list was to spray paint the cinder block fence in bright yellow to mark where the water meter is located so I can keep that area mowed and accessible.  It is a good thing I choose to do that today because I noticed it is leaking.  Called in the morning but got an answering machine so left them a message, of course no one returned the call.  Called again in the afternoon and got a live person.  She said since it was after 2:00 pm it would have to be scheduled for tomorrow.  Wanted to tell her I had called in the morning, did that not count?  Decided it was best to save me the aggravation.  The only reason I mention this is so I have a record of it…you know me and my CRS!

It was 103 degrees today.  I have not seen Walter in his corral since the “incident” which is rather odd.  His owner is building a cinder block structure so I can no longer see into his backyard.

Tomorrow mother has an out of town doctor’s appointment so even though I am not sleepy I think I will turn in early (for me that means before 3:00 a.m.).

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. It was 102 here at one time yesterday, only time i looked. Don't let yourself have a heat stroke!
    If i turned in early i wouldn't sleep any way. So be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The front of the house faces West so I am able to get a lot done IF I get up early and apply myself.

    I really should not have started the tree pruning that late, will know better next time.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.