Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, September 28, 2012

Mother’s Hired Help

As much as I love my mother sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out with the people she hires.  You see, even if they are incompetent like Mata Gatos or so call professionals like the plumber and the welder…they never show up when they say they are going to nor do they call to let us know they are coming.  It is not like they are doing it for free or giving her a discount…they are charging their regular rates and we would not have it any other way.

We have had a bad leak in the bathtub for a while now (I have been catching the water and using it to water the trees).  The plumber decides to show up Tuesday without calling. Checks it out and gives me a list of things to buy so he can come by that afternoon.

Then the mechanic calls to let me know her mini-van was ready and wants to come drop it off and for me to drive him back to his shop. Wouldn’t you know it, in that short time frame the welder showed up!  Well, on the positive side at least the gate is fixed.

The plumber called that afternoon saying that he would not be able to make it but he would try to come Wednesday…we are still waiting!  These people call themselves professionals?  They are her church people so as difficult as it is, I have to keep my mouth shut and remember that this is not my house!

After cleaning out my tent, I decided to put it to good use.  Set up my two four foot folding tables and starting sorting my plastic storage bins that I keep in Terlita (my camping van).  Made separate piles of clothes to donate, clothes to keep and the all-important…those that I will take to Terlingua.  For you first timers don’t take good clothes or those that you would hate to mess up.  There is a LOT of dirt and dust out there. Wear something you will feel comfortable in.

Another tip for first timers…pack both winter as well as summer clothes.  The days even in late October are still hot and the nights can be down right frigid.  Remember I almost froze to death one night two years ago!

Tonight we have had a few showers; mostly a lighting and thunder show but tomorrow night the heavy rains are expected for this area.  Hopefully it will wash off the rest of the dirt from last year’s terrible dust storm.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Between this new blogger interface and my ISP connection going dormant, it has taken me almost two hours to post this!!!

    Not a happy camper...GRRRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I have no idea but I wish they would just leave it alone.

      BTW what happened to Dashboard?

      Delete
  3. You are having some of the same problems I have been having. Still haven't been able to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would quit all their changes or give us the option to opt out if we wanted to.

      Delete
  4. So far I haven't had problems. Hope I don't!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.