Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Plumber

Post for Saturday – Sept 29, 2012

Got a call around noon from the plumber that he was on his way.  He repaired the leaking sink in the back bathroom as well as part of the guts of the toilet (I wanted him to replace the whole darn thing).

However he could not fix the leaking tub fixture because he was unable to find the cartridge after having assured me that he had ordered an extra one the last time she had the same issue.  He will have to special order it Monday.

I really hate to waste water specially since it is around 18 gallons a day, but I am running out of containers and five gallon buckets.  In the past I would water the trees and plants but no sense doing that with all the precipitation we have had lately.

Not something worth posting about but as you know this is also my cyber journal and I need to know how long it will be before it once again starts leaking.

On a positive note, I learned how to close the water at the meter box and I am going to buy me the tool to do it in case we ever have a need for it.  I know it would have come in handy last year in Houston when we had that terrible cold spell and I was worried my pipes had busted.

Tonight I was watching the evening news when I fell asleep.  Mother woke me up to remind me to check my e-mails but I was too tired to go online and try fighting with my internet connection so I also missed making my post.

6 comments:

  1. This afternoon I went to take pictures of the back bathroom and to my surprise it was leaking.

    Whoever heard of putting in a new faucet without changing the water supply lines especially when these are OLD...grrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help ya because I don't know a thing about plumbing. Unfortunately my own plumber doesn't seem to know very much about plumbing either. But he's cute. REAL cute.(Sigh)

    I lived for 2 years with a leaky faucet in the powder room because TallBlonde&Handsome told me it couldn't be fixed. Then about a month ago I broke down & another plumber finally came over & fixed it for me right off the bat.

    But dangit, the new one didn't fix it nearly as cutely as the other one would have if only he knew what he was doing. I dunno, it's just so hard to get good help. ;-0

    MsB, best thing about the rain was the cooler temps it dragged in behind it. It's even supposed to get to 61 here tonight, so I broke out the hot chocolate to celebrate.

    (I know, I know, it'll probably only last a couple of days, but I've made it my life's mission to find excuses to ingest chocolate in one form or another.)

    These cooler temps also means that even though your house in Houston probably got soaked too, your grass there probably won't be growing three inches a day anymore.

    And you know what that means don't you?

    That's right. It means I get to have another cup of hot chocolate to celebrate the fact that your HOA can't bust you for going to Terlingua instead of mowing! Yay! ;-)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leilani - so good to read you once more! Have I mentioned that you have a real nack for comedy? Well you do :D

      At least you have a Tall/Blond/and handsome plumber...mother has a short/ugly/and stupid one :(

      Hot chocolate or any form of chocolate is also very much appreciated on this end. Would have come in handy in many instances in Terlingua...if only I knew how to operate a propane stove.

      Unfortunately my HOA will probably bust me any day now since I was not able to make it back home in September. With all the rain we have had probably have me a real jungle and the worst part is that my lawn mower bit the dust the last time I was in Houston.

      Have you ever been to Terlingua? You need to come down and join us crazies for a fun filled week in the West Texas desert.

      Delete
  3. I found your post funny, but at least you've learned something from your plumbing problem.

    emergency plumber australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jade - I do not know if you are a real person or not but thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  4. Some Plumbers are not really good in their work and they show themselves a good and expert one. You have to search very hardly before hiring any one. Always go with the professional.
    We are from Plumb Right Plumbing Services offer best and cheap services in texas, visit us Plumbers in Houston

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.