Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Always the Procrastinator :-(

Have received a couple of telephone calls as well as e-mails wanting to know when I am going to start posting pictures of the Chili cook-off on the blog.  Well...what can I tell you?  You should know by now that if I can put something off......I more than likely will :-(

This is how it looked like going to Terlingua

Seriously, my friends know I keep a journal and write every last detail down as to not forget, what with my CRS (Can't Remember Doodoo) syndrome and all.  The problem is that my journal is sitting in my yet to be unpacked car.  Did you think I was kidding when I said I was a procrastinator?

Believe it or not this was organized...you can imagine how bad it looked coming home.
Only reason I do not have more stuff in the front is because I had to be able to use the side mirrors as the back mirror was impossible to see out of.

For those of you who have never been to the cook-off...there are campfires everywhere and there is an extremely good chance you will be around one or several during your stay.  They are a lot of fun but it isn't apparent until you are unpacking your clothes at home that the smoke makes you want to gag.  If you make the mistake of bringing them inside your home...your house will stink too!


We have company but even if we did not, I cannot bring anything inside until it has been washed. My mother said the neighbors dropped Walter off Sunday (Nov 4th) at least that is when she saw him and did not take him home till this morning (Nov 10th). He has the habit of smelling whatever clothes is hanging on the clothesline and then licking them. As tired as I am...I do not feel up to washing clothes twice.

Hopefully I can set up my tent tomorrow so I can clean and air it out and then unload my vehicle...but I am not making any promises.  Another thing you will find is that you will be very tired after spending eleven days partying in the desert.  I am not one to take naps but I have been napping for days.  Went to bed at 6:30 p.m. yesterday until the phone rang, talked for a while and went right back to sleep.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.





6 comments:

  1. Hope you recover from your trip soon, but I suppose you will do it again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MsB, I'd call you a Master Packer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thot it looked really organized. lol,,no pics to compare the after,,,
    I just spent 2 nites gone and i'm still worn out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked so bad coming home, I don't think I even took a picture!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.