Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lazy Thursday in Terlingua, Texas

After driving all night and just stopping for catnaps it was expected that the girls would sleep in on Thursday morning.  However it was odd that the guys camp would sleep late.  We are talking about men that are used to getting up at the crack of dawn (even though that is about the time the party ended) hehehehe....:D

The sleeping beauties 

As much as I wish I could have slept late, I was wide awake by 7:00 a.m.  If you have never suffered from insomnia...you have no idea how lucky you are!  It seemed like everyone decided to sleep in today, even the camp with the food!  As you know I have many virtues but cooking is NOT one of them, so I go in with another camp who DO know how to cook.

Even the decorations looked like they had partied too much :D


The girls woke up around ten o'clock but there was no life in the guys camp...we were getting concerned!  We later found out they were hiding out in their RV's afraid that the "Houston Chicks" though we later learned the dubbed us "The Houston Witches" (because we dressed like witches on Halloween) would FORCE them to keep on partying...jajajajajajaja...yeah like we "forced" them the night before, lol...:D

Finally one of the guys came over and decided to give the girls and I, a tour of the area and take us to Presidio, Texas.  However the girls forgot to bring their passport so they could not cross over to Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Mexico.  Being the only one with a passport I decided to stay at the camp instead.  Maybe next year I will go across and do a post.

When the girls got back from Presidio, my friend decided to give everyone a tattoo.  That was so much fun!  I still have one on my leg...:)






We were not sure whether the Day of the Dead celebration was Nov 1st or Nov 2nd.  In Mexico it is held on Nov 1st for the grown up deceased and Nov 2nd for the deceased children...so we went to the cemetery to find out...turns out it is held on Nov 2nd here in Terlingua. Even though we were a day early we got to go shopping at the Terlingua store and sat at the porch.



Stayed tuned for more tales from the desert and pictures to back it up...:D

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

             

4 comments:

  1. Is one of the pictures of the girls you? If so, which one. If not, post one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dizzy, I am the official picture taker for our group (which includes four camps)so I am not in any of the pictures, and I like it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is as good of an excuse as any. I will accept it.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.