Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, November 25, 2012

There is plenty of Bass at Amistad

Sorry I have not done a post in a while, I am taking a little hiatus as we still have company. Between cleaning house, helping my mother in the kitchen (notice I did not say cooking), washing dishes, washing clothes and driving my uncle to every store in town...I am pretty beat come night time, which is usually the only time I am able to go online.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  My long time readers might remember that I tried my hand at cooking my first turkey last year and since my cooking did not kill us...decided to try my luck again this year.  Happy to report that my mom, my uncle and I survived my cooking :D

I was telling my uncle about the bloggers that come to Del Rio and that I have had the privilege to meet in person.  He found their lifestyle very interesting and asked me to drive him to the campground where Billy Bob and Barney last stayed at as he wanted to see the old bridge that is now visible due to the drop in the lake level.



There was a man with his wife and mother-in-law fishing.  Further down the bridge there was an older couple who said they had caught catfish as well as bass.  It was really a beautiful day for fishing.  We walked to the end of the bridge and as we were making our way back, the mother-in-law was jumping for joy because she caught her first bass of the day.

He did not catch it...the lady in the back did!

Billy Bob if you are reading this, there is plenty of bass at Amistad waiting for you when you come back.  However your campground was occupied.


Your friend is still there though and I believe today was laundry day...



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. You know the old Billy Bob read everthing you write. Especially enjoyed todays post with that great big ol' bass fish. Keep up the good work my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry the full time resident is a really nice fellow. 277 north usually gets full in the winter.Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see Jerry in almost all of the Amistad campgrounds and also at the pay campgrounds by the Y.

      Would love to meet him one day, bet he has a lot of stories to tell.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.