Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

After Christmas Sales

I think my cousin and my uncle have a conspiracy against me...whomever is here at the time, always force me to drive them to the stores either to Christmas shop or do the after Christmas sales.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike to go shopping in December, unless of course it is for something I really really want?

I swear my cousin is worst than a woman when it comes to shopping...he can go for hours looking at crap...oh excuse me...meant "stuff" and not buying a thing.  I have many virtues but patience does not happen to be one of them!

It has been cold and the wind makes it feel even more so.  Yesterday I looked everywhere but could not find any evidence that Santa ever made it down to my mother's house.  Even looked outside and nope...no presents :-(   I think the wind most of blown them away ((sad face with a tear)) or he got confused and delivered them to my house in Houston...yeah that must be it :D

As I stood around waiting on my cousin, I recognized this gentlemen and greeted  him.  He smiled back but there was no recognition.  I said "you don't remember me do you? I am the person that snapped the picture of you holding the bass your mother-in-law caught at the 277 Campground."  He told me I had a good memory!  Told him that was not the case, I suffered from CRS...he laughed and actually knew what that meant!

I asked him about his mother-in-law and a lady behind me said "here I am". I inquired if they had gone fishing since then and they said no.  His wife then joined them and she greeted me as well.  A really nice family and what I liked most is that they included her mother in their outings...not too many men would do that and it speaks well of them both.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.  

6 comments:

  1. I betcha a dollar you wouldn't want to go shop'n with the old Billy Bob. Every aisle has to be checked out for crap.....ahhh, I mean stuff. Record minimum time in a Walmart would be right bout a hour. And I have been knowed to walk out without buy'n a thing. It's an adventure....git with it girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Billy Bob...I would not want to go shopping with you :D

      Delete
  2. I hate shopping so I know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When a man takes longer to shop than I do...then we have a problem!

      Delete
  3. I usually know what I want and just/go buy it and get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad was like that and I hated it...I now have a new appreciation for his method of shopping!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.