Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Groovy Wednesday

The weather has been spectacular, as a matter of fact yesterday (Tuesday) we broke the old time record of 84 degrees for this day when we hit 85 glorious degrees.  Today was in the low 80's as well but tonight old man winter is on its way.

Have been busy going to the laundromat, watering plants (they advise you do it before a freeze) raking leaves, washing cars and this afternoon putting everything away as the winds are supposed to kick up to 40 plus miles per hour.

This morning I made a quick trip to the post office as well as to HEB.  There in the parking lot I spotted a groovy looking bus.  I spoke to the lady driver and she said they were from Ontario, Canada.  Takes you back to the 60's doesn't it?





They seemed friendly and I would have loved to have chatted with them but I was in a hurry to get back home in order to watch Jenni Rivera's funeral.

Gas went down some more but not to the under $3.00 level that I see in the news for San Antonio and the Greater Houston area.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Cool bus. I think gas is still $3.6? a gallon down south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one thing about Terlingua, land is cheap but almost everything else is high :(

      I would love to have a bus like this to go to Burning Man...that is about the only way I could take enough water and bring back my used water as they do not allow you to dump your water on the ground.

      Delete
  2. Gas is below three bucks over here in east Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is about the only good thing about going back home to Houston.

      Delete
  3. With the HEB gas/gift card, we are paying $2.85 in Lytle, TX. I wonder how much the lady in the bus gets for mileage in that funky bus?

    It would be interesting to know what her story is - are they traveling around from place to place or was this just a long trip to the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dave $2.85 is almost unheard of...especially in Del Rio :(

    Bet the lady in the bus does not get very good mileage. There were so many questions I wanted to ask her but like I said..was in hurry to get home, so guess I will never know.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.