Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Speed Bumps/ Dead Battery/ UPS Delivery

Yesterday there was heavy duty machinery by the church on the main road not far from mother's house. My old time readers might recall this is where Walter almost got ran over.  Figured they were putting in new water pipes or something but when I went to close the gate last evening, I witness how unsuspecting vehicles hit the speed bumps that up until yesterday were not there. Must say they were really needed, now if they would only put them on our street, I would be truly grateful!

This morning I headed into town in mother's mini van but when I went to start it, it was dead :-(  It is my fault for not having started the van in a couple of days and besides that the Sears Die Hard battery has lasted a long time.  I'm thinking seven or eight years, so it was time.

My uncle swore me to secrecy, he told me that my mother called her worthless plumber to see why he had not been by.  Per my uncle he said he had been busy with church stuff but would come by this Thursday.  Do you think it would have been too much on his part to make a one minute call and let her know that without my mother having to call this individual?  Guess I am just asking for too much...

Shoeless Joe of Traveling with John fame http://travlinwithjohn.blogspot.com had ordered himself some Christmas presents but was going to pretend he did not know what they were.  I thought it was a great idea!  I would not have to pretend very hard what with my CRS and all :D

Decided I could NOT depend on Santa to bring me anything so I ordered myself a present and the UPS tracking said it was going to be delivered today.  Heard on the news that thieves in big cities are following UPS and FedEx trucks and then stealing the packages off front doors and porches.  Decided to set up a table and take my laptop outside as I did not want my present to suffer the same fate.  He showed up at 8:40 p.m. but the box looks like it has been through the wringer!

As you know my cheap camera does not take good night time pictures, so I am waiting until tomorrow to photograph the box in case my gift is damaged :(

Want to welcome two more new followers to the blog Jeff and Vanwrinkle.  Thank you for your readership!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. ALL plumbers do that!! Never consider anyone else. BTW, any news about Walter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After what he has put us through in the past I have tried to get her to consider hiring someone else but since this is her house and she is paying him, I have no say so in the matter.

      Hate to say it but Walter is in the same if not worst situation. His worthless owner appears not to have a job or is on a long vacation and has been working on an outside room he is building.

      You would think being home he would look after Walter but that is not the case. To make things worst I can not feed or water him as he would see me. Almost got caught feeding him the other day so decided not to chance it anymore.

      Delete
  2. There should be a law against speed bumps. I almost had a terrible wreck one time try'n to miss one. I swerved off to the right, almost turn over, went up over the curb headed straight for a tree. Miss that sucker by inches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must of been going pretty fast!

      The speed bumps are very much needed in the area they were placed but they should of at least put up a sign to warn people!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.