Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, February 18, 2013

Frustration

Remember I was shopping around for a better electric rate plan for my mother's house?  One of the factors that made it difficult was that I wanted to see if I could include the outside light in the plan.  Did not find a single one that did so.

In the meantime the outside light had gone out but we did not bother to report it since I figured we would not be billed for a non-working light...wrong again...CPL billed us as if it was working.  I called their customer service department but dealing with their incompetent personnel is more than my nerves can handle!

Today they came to replace the light bulb and it puts out half of what the other one did.  Guess I will have to call them back whether I want to or not.


I called the mechanic so he could bring me mother's mini van and I could then drive him back to his shop.  Saturday when we went to the lake he left a message saying it was ready and that he had found no evidence that the gasoline was getting into the motor oil.

I was on the phone to him so I heard when he tried to start it...and it wouldn't!!!  He finally got it going but said that he did not like how the choke performed and perhaps it would not hurt to give it a tune-up.  HELLO!!!! Did he not have time to check that out all these days that he has had it?

When oh when will I find a knowledgeable and competent mechanic?  I know he is going through a lot right now but he needs to focus on his work or his customers are going to go elsewhere.

OK...end of rant!

It was a windy day in the high 70's.  A lot of the trees are starting to bloom.


I could not believe when I saw what gasoline prices were going for today.  I guess I better get used to it because it seems this is just the tip of the iceberg  :-(


I have never had much of a sweet tooth until recently.  I will have to blame Billy Bob (as I obviously can not blame myself)...but ever since he blogged about his famous chocolate and cherry cake...I seem to have a strange craving for chocolate cakes.

I bought this Three Leches Cake on our last trip to Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila, Mexico.  It came in handy in helping me forget about my problematic day. :-)




Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. Chocolate cake can solve most problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know about solving them John but it sure makes them more bearable :)

      Delete
  2. I am not much of a cake eater, but I do love fruit pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started to like fruit pies too! Hope I am not becoming a diabetic :-(

      Delete
  3. You're so cute when you're frustrated.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I thought you were going to get after me for blaming my new found love for chocolate cake on you :D

      Delete
  4. Just wondering are the mechanic,plummer and the guy who cuts your Mom's grass related? How is Walter? Chocolate is great I need to go get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would think they would be Bargirl ;D

      With Walter it is either feast or famine. To make it worst some horses are eating his hay as he watches helpless from inside his prison (corral).

      Delete
  5. A good mechanic is a true treasure these days and hard to find. Chocolate cures everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frann, had not read you around the blogsphere in a while.

      A good mechanic is like a Virgin...practically extinct :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.