Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 8, 2013

No Water...Again!

Yesterday afternoon I went to the laundromat up the road.  Noticed that there were a lot of electric crews installing new telephone poles, did not give it a second thought.  It was a pretty hot day so came home and showered before eating my supper.  It was a good thing because when I got ready to wash the dishes...there was no water!

I knew I paid the water bill but who do I call to inquire if it is only our house or area wide?  The neighbors have all ditched their landlines and I have no idea what their cell phone numbers are.  The water department was already closed so went online to the City of Del Rio webpage.  There I found out the contractors putting in the telephone poles broke a water main.  They refer you to their Facebook or Twitter account for further information.  Darn, I don't do Facebook or Twitter or for that matter use social sites!

The day before I had given Walter 9 gallons of water and since I was in a hurry I did not fill them back up,  the good thing was I still had 8 gallons left.  Heard the toilet tank filling up around 2:14 a.m. but it was filling up with a lot of force...I was afraid it might bust the tank!


This morning I went to water Walter since I knew the owner's son was not going to fill his water barrel before going to school.  As you can tell from the angle the sun hits the barrel...it was empty and had been for two days. Darn kid!!!

By this afternoon the water looked clear so I found some more milk jugs and managed to fill 20 gallons worth.  Good thing I did, because around 7:00 p.m. the water went off again!

On a different note... I spoke to the mechanic earlier this afternoon and he told me to send him Dad's car.  Called Triple A at 1:15 p.m. and they did not show up until 3:55 p.m.  Heck I get faster service in Houston than I do here. On the positive side, it is on its way to be fixed.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


4 comments:

  1. I still find it hard to believe that nothing can be done about Walter. Even here, we can get something done about animal cruelty.
    Thx for updating us on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe isn't? I did not blog about it but the last time I went to report him to the sheriff's department I got a deputy who was more concerned about me trespassing on HIS property than of Walter's plight.

      I am tired of explaining to them that his corral butts up against our fence line and when I feed and water him, it is Walter's head that is trespassing OUR property!

      I do not plan on reporting them again...why?...it is a waste of time and it makes my already high blood pressure go even higher.

      I will continue to look after him whenever I can.

      Delete
  2. MsB:
    Sorry your having water problems. The saga continues with Walter, how pittiful that situation is, but your a good soul, and he has a great friend and protector in you.
    That's a great shot of you both.
    Light drizzle and 55 here in the Austin area today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good word to describe the situation, plain "pitiful"!

      Wish it was drizzling here...only windy.

      I took about 10 shots of Walter and I but he is tall and I'm short and I could not stretch my arms far enough to get us both in the picture :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.