Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 1, 2013

Scam

I was resting in the recliner when the phone rang.  Did not recognize the name or the San Antonio area phone number so I ignored it.  About ten minutes later it rang again, thinking it might be CPL (Central Power and Light) in San Antonio decided to answer.

A little background...after Dad retired they kept on calling him at the house, not wanting to change the telephone number they had had for years, my parents decided to list it under my mother's middle name.  Whenever they call asking for that name, I know either it is a wrong number or a telemarketer.

This man asked for the person bearing that name and I told him he had the wrong number. Persistent fellow he was he further identified himself as a postal employee in San Antonio who had several yellow notices for this person that had gone unclaimed and he did not want to send the package without attempting to reach said person. He offered to have the package delivered to Del Rio by the afternoon...that is when I knew this was a bunch of BS, not even Federal Express could get it here so fast!  He even gave me the package number!

I asked him if he was an employee of the United States Postal Service why did that not show up in my caller I.D. and instead it showed a fellow named Leon Felix?  He said it was because he was using his personal cell number but that his name was not Leon but Andres Felix.  He asked me my name and I stupidly told him...and guess what?  He had a package for me too!

This conversation was in Spanish, I just laughed and asked him "are you a telemarketer?  To which he replied that he did not understand what I meant.  So in English I yelled at the top of my lungs " Are you a telemarketer?" he hesitated for a while and upon my insistence he replied "Yes" and I hung up.  I don't know what his game was but I must of left him deaf as he did not call again. I also reported him to the Postmaster in Del Rio.

Drove into town this afternoon not only to report the scam artist posing as a postal employee but also to take tons of water bottles and steel cans to the Recycling Center.




I also swung by Crown Recycling where I got paid for my large trash bag of aluminum cans $3.15.  Better than giving them away for free to the City of Del Rio :-)

I have to congratulate the State of Texas License Division because four days after my mother went to renew her Driver's License she got it in the mail today!

Glad I filled up on Wednesday because today it had gone up four cents.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. That's what the gas is here, too.
    Gosh, disappointed there was no package,,,lololol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say gas is going to reach $4.00 this summer, hope they are wrong :(

    Wonder what was in the package?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diesel has been over four bucks in my area. It is down some now so will have to get the motor-home filled up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dizzy, figured diesel prices were lower in Houston. Even though this last trip there I never did find gas under $3.00 like I had been reading on some blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.