Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 16, 2013

A very warm 92 degree day

On St. Patrick's Day weekend a lot of bikers come into town at the invitation of a local biker chapter. Some of them being my Terlingua friends that I have met at the Chili Cook-off over the years.  Decided I would see if maybe I spotted a few.


This afternoon was rather on the warm side, depending on which weather service you believe they predicted from 90 to 96 degrees.  As we passed IBC Bank it proudly displayed 92 degrees.


Did not spot anyone I might know so thought I would drive by one of their favorite hang outs while in Del Rio...Lorina's Cantina...but alas no one was there...Jeelbare, Sandy, Charlie, Pete the Meat, Wanda, Jeff where are you?

Being so close to the Exxon by the Lake...decided to go air up the spare that has been airless for heaven only knows how long and the price is right....FREE :)

This time I got dad's old car to go up to 65 mph.  We had the windows rolled down and  had a good breeze going on this warm winter afternoon.

Even drove to the main Port of Entry bridge to see if I spotted my biker friends but did not spot a single biker in the line to clear Customs.  If you are in town...send me an e-mail, call me at my Mom's or leave me a message here on the blog.  Would sure love to visit with you before you leave :-)



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Was HOT here yesterday to. I think something over 90 and to be about the same for the next 4 days. Some of your friends are probably down here because there have been droves of bikes going and coming on 118.

    Hopefully most of the Spring breakers will be pulling out today because it has been a mad house down south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, was there some sort of event or rally for bikers in South Brewster county?

      Some of my friends have property down your way...maybe that's where they went?

      Delete
  2. I just read in the Houston Sunday Chronicle that they are opening another border crossing in the Big Bend National Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the same one they closed down after 9/11 that used to be manned by the Park Rangers?

      Delete
  3. MsB, I don't know if there was an event or not? The weather was nice and it was still spring break so maybe that was enough to get them down here. The Rocket Fuel party was Saturday. Don't know if that attracted some of the riders or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tffnguy it seems like every year the event here draws less riders. It used to be massive and many would go to Mexico where the owner of a local hotel himself a biker would offer them discounts on lodging.

    The city of Acuna would also throw a big party and close off streets and bring down bands for their enjoyment.

    The passport or passcard requirement to be able to re-enter the United States for a lot of folks that only came annually along with the insecurity the media has portrayed pretty much did the event in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one more case where the government has screwed things up.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.