Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Long Nap

My neighbor the homeowners association lady called early this morning. Was rather surprised as she is definitively not a morning person.  At least it was not bad news as I tend to panic every time I get a call from one of my Houston neighbors.

Remember back in January I had a bad feeling when I was getting ready to go back home?  Well my gut feeling never fails me.  I did not blog about it because I no longer have access to Internet service in Houston since I ditched my Cricket broadband.

When I got back to Del Rio I was still too pissed off to write about it.  Turns out someone shot at my front window four times as well as the siding.  Fortunately they used a BB gun and not a real gun though it is still shattered. The lady constable and I determined that the shots had to have come from the house next door where hoodlums congregate.

This house is owned by an older gentlemen that suffers from Alzheimer's and no longer lives there.  His house was for sale for a long time and now the family has taken it off the market. They put a sign on his driveway that no cars are allowed to park...but like who is going to enforce it?

This afternoon I sat on dad's old recliner to watch the news but to my surprise did not wake up till almost 9:00 p.m.  Guess I really needed a nap :-)

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. That would piss me off, too. Would have been better if you were there and could shoot back. Maybe you need an armed house sitter when you go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will just have to settle for my alarm system protecting the inside of my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those surprise naps come in handy. Sorry to hear about the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my insomnia...a nap is always a welcome gift.

      Delete
  4. Hey, just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog, found it thru Billy Bob awhile back and like to read you both. Listening as I read today to "A Space In Time", Ten Years After, remembering Alvin Lee and one of my previous lives from the 70s. Please keep it up, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redmike, I will have to thank Billy Bob for sending another reader my way.

      Thank you for your nice words and for taking the time to comment.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.