Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 3, 2013

More computer woes

To save my sanity and to keep me from flinging my computer across the room I decided to not make a post last night...perhaps I should have done the same tonight!

I do not know if it is Chrome, IE 10, my computer or me but it took me close to three hours to make my post on Walter's World.  Every page I open seems to take years to download.  I am running a full computer scan as I type.

Whenever I do a "Preview" the font size looks small though I have never changed it.  Is it my computer or does it appear on yours as well?  I apologize if it appears in yours too... if you do a Shift Control and then hit + it will make it larger.

Had to go into town to run some errands and made the bad decision to go to Wal-Mart.  My goodness what a zoo that place is on Sunday...will never make that mistake again!

Needed to call my mother and since I am one of the very few people left in the world that does not own a cell phone tried to find a payphone.  Do you know how hard that is?  Found one at Stripes deposited my .50 cents and when I hung up it gave me my money back!  That made me recall that a few months back at another Stripes in town it did the same thing.  There are very few FREE things these days, glad to have found one today :)

The going rate for gasoline this weekend in the Del Rio area was...



 
 
Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. I run Firefox or Chrome or IE and the size of what I am viewing is different on all three search engine programs. BTW, the shift + didn't work from on this end. But why should anything with computers work the way they are suppose to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Dizzy, I meant to say Control then +

      In Chrome the letters are normal but in IE they are small.

      Delete
  2. I think it's your ISP. Check with them. You can also delete a lot of useless things by putting %temp% in the space above start, then under tab in upper right, use that to select, then delete all. I also type in msconfig there too, and to to start ups, take off all but the 2 or 3 you use. Not sure this will help, but it's my way of cleaning up puter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Trouble I am more confused than ever :D

      Delete
    2. ok, here goes my two cents worth. Get rid of Chrome! Chrome is bad. Make sure Firefox is up to date. Keep IE 10 for a browser of last resort but never use it if you can help it.Say no to every offer to do something automatically and to check for updates. That opens doors that should remain shut.

      Don't mess around with MS.config or any of the rest of your computer programs unless you are sure you can go back and put it the way it was before. I use free AVG for anti virus software and haven't had a virus in years. McAfee and Norton use up enormous amounts of resources to do the same thing. Plus they are expensive.

      If all else fails, save all your pictures, documents and files to an external hard drive and when you are sure all your stuff is backed up, wipe your computer clean and reinstall operating system or have someone who knows how do it for you.

      By the time a computer gets messed up real bad and requires drastic action it is time for a new one anyway. I know how frustrating it can be. Take it to a honest to goodness computer place and let someone straighten it out for you. It everyone feels comfortable messing around with their inner workings without some training. sorry for all the problems.

      the rat

      Delete
    3. Your two cents worth and valuable advice is always appreciated Mr. Rat. Thank You.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it's been one of those weeks for you. Yes, Wal-mart is a scary place on Sunday, but also on Friday and Saturdays. Guess folks can't wait to get out and spend their paychecks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill I learned the hard way about Friday and Saturday. However you would think that early Sunday morning people would be getting ready to go to church, sleeping late, or enjoying a family breakfast.

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. lol No more advice. I know what i'm doing but have a hard time telling it.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.