Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, March 28, 2013

No Early Camping At Area Parks

I was pleasantly surprised that this year the police was keeping a close eye to make sure there was no early camping at the area parks for the Easter Day weekend unlike previous years making it more equitable for all area families to nab a spot as of 10:00 a.m. Friday March 29th.


I drove by three parks along San Felipe Springs and while there were people having cook-outs and perhaps laying an early claim to a spot, none had set up camp.  Perhaps if I bought our local newspaper with all their typos and misspelled words...much like my blog...I would know if they were threatened with a hefty fine because this is highly unusual.



This is my post from last year where you can see all the people that were already there on Thursday afternoon. Here is the link if you care to read it  http://terlinguadreams.blogspot.com/2012/04/early-birds.html

It has been a cloudy and muggy day and while it looked like we might receive some liquid gold, that never materialized.


I want to welcome some new readers to the blog roll.  They are Jose Ramon Santana Vasquez (from Spain),  Ruth McGee and Ray Grassman.  Thank you for reading my blog and please feel free to leave a comment.

The new Stripes has begun what I hate...having a different price for Credit versus a Stripes Card...two thumbs down!!




Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It sure is beautiful Trouble but it is not a river it is a natural spring from which Del Rio gets its drinking water.

      Delete
  2. Boy Howdy, I sure would like to camp there for bout a month or so.
    You an' me are alike bout them "card" prices. Jist urks my ass....or what ever it might be called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Billy Bob...I would say it another way...but it would not be lady like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked like we were going to get wet yesterday evening to, but it wound up staying east of here and headed south. That's about the norm around here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is starting to be the norm around here to Tffnguy :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.