Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Old Memories / Flaming Bird

The winds began blowing around 3:00 a.m. and they blew with a vengeance.  Today we had a lot of errands to run so was glad that by noon they had subsided.  Other than that it was a beautiful sunny day.

Today we passed by the street we first lived when we moved to Del Rio and it brought a lot of memories for us both.  The house is no longer there as a matter of fact none of the houses in the side of the street we lived on are there.  Nothing but vacant lots.

As I was in line at the HEB pharmacy got a whiff from one of the grocery carts of another person also in line.  He was raving about the "flaming bird" special so had to go to the Deli to check it out :-)

It must of made other people in line hungry as well...as I spotted two others...jajajajaja :D   It really was delicious and came with grilled onions and jalapenos.  It is on special this week for $4.00.  It was enough for mother and I and we still have the other half for another meal.

I am navigating between two browsers but it's getting better.  The gasoline prices have remained steady and hopefully will continue that way.

Wanted to welcome Sue Castle to the blog roll.  Your readership is very much appreciated.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, now I"M hungry for one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like a faming bird sandwich, for sure. Did you save me some?

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.