Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Photobucket Backup

I was wondering how many of you use Photobucket to upload your pictures to the Internet?  If not what other image saving website do you use?

I was perfectly happy with the old Photobucket but then they went and "updated it".  Have I mentioned that I do not like change?  I struggled through it but found I liked some of the new features like larger thumbnails.

You would think I would have learned my lesson after the issues I recently had with IE10 and Google Chrome...but apparently not!  A feature on their page called Photobucket Backup caught my eye and I thought it would be neat to have it upload all the pictures I take without me having to fool with it.

I did not take into account that perhaps this feature would not be able to distinguish between what had been upload and what had not.  Yep...it can't!  now I am out of space in my account and if I want some more I have to pay $$$$$...I can tell you right now that is not going to happen!

So if you know of any other good sites please let me know.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

9 comments:

  1. I have some of my pics in Photobucket, but the majority are in Flikr.

    http://www.flickr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that link East of the Pecos.

      Which would you consider more user friendly? Remember I am computer illiterate :(

      Delete
  2. I save all my pictures on multiple computers and differnt storage devises. The secret is to back them up often. Sometimes I am lax at doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely because I am lax about backing them up is why as soon as I upload them to my computer I turn around and upload them to Photobucket.

      I tend to lose store devices and computers can crash that is why I need a reliable place to host my pictures on the world wide web.

      Delete
  3. I use Windows Live Photo Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well Trouble, but what photo place do you upload them to on the internet?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flicker is a good suggestion. It's actually in the top 3 of the most popular photo storage. But I'm afraid it can't support you long enough, unless you have a Pro account. It can, but your photos would be compressed and I don't think that would make a good option. You can try Smugmug, though I'm not sure if you would enjoy the photo contests. -->Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruby!

    I tried Ficker but it only let me upload 111 photos before it came back with a message saying I had reached my limit for the month and offered me more storage space for of course a monthy fee :-(

    I will look into Smugmug but if there are contests involved...I don't know if I will like that.

    Thank you for commenting and for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.