Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, May 18, 2013

One Heck of a Headache

I have suffered from headaches practically all my life.  It is just something I learned to live with.  After I retired for the most part they went away and I began to think that they were a thing of the past.  Since Wednesday they once again reared their ugly head.

If that was not enough my blood pressure has been through the roof since that "incident" with that inquiring officer....coincidence?

I have not left the house since we went to HEB on Thursday.  Friday was another record setting day...reaching 104 degrees.  By comparison today was a mild one only getting to 94 with a heat index of 100.

I have mentioned this many times in this blog in the past and I appeal to all of you out there in the blog sphere...if you go visit a person specially an elderly one...please have the courtesy to call before you come over.  Elderly people take naps and people that care for the elderly use this time to do things they can not do when they are awake...like take a bath.

I know a lot of people have pets, I myself have had pets in the past.   I no longer do because my mother suffers from severe allergies.  She is HIGHLY allergic to hair and pet dander.  I know a lot of people love their dogs as if it was their child...I totally understand...I felt the same about mine when I had them but...PLEASE ask before you visit if you can bring them along.

I apologize if I have stepped on anyone's toes.  I am tired and my head hurts!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

13 comments:

  1. Praying that you feel better soon, blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get over it quick. I've been having headaches lately to, but think they are caused by sinus/allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that headache is better! Gosh, who will take care of Walter? lol. And the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS,,,post a sign with visiting hours,,,

      Delete
    2. I guess their respective owners will have to take responsibility for them Trouble.

      I would love to post a visiting hours sign...don't think mother would go for that idea, since after all it is her house.

      Delete
  4. I used to wonder what going a whole day without a headache would be like. So far it has never happened. Apparently yours are not in the migraine class which is a wonderful thing. My migraines are infrequent but let me know the daily headache is very minor. Good luck with your particular style of headache misery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not you were the first person that came to mind when I got my headache remembering how terrible your migraine headaches get.

      Delete
  5. Maybe if you quit banging your head against the wall?? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think with my CRS Syndrome I have been doing that and not recall it?

      Delete
  6. I also have had headaches visits since I was young kid. It used to be every Sunday like clockwork. I used to think it was my subconscious that didn't like the sermon. But no, it was my eyesight straining to pay attention to the action at the front of the chapel. I got glasses and they went away for awhile. Then they returned and I go through a bottle of Tylenol, Motrin, and Pirin Tablets (that's Aspirin with the A and the S rubbed off-it's from a movie). The headaches are awful. Try alternating pain pills if you can. The human body acclimates to one of the other if used frequently. Then, lay down and take a nice nap. It works for me. Hope you find a solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is not funny but I smiled when I read about your Sunday headache :-)

      I have been straining my eyesight lately and I think I may need new eyeglasses but I sure hate to dip into my Terlita (my van) fund...but a girl has got to do what a girl has to do :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.