Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, May 31, 2013

The heat is getting to me

I am beginning to think that I am getting soft with age :-(  

Had to run several errands in town today and every time I got off the car I felt the heat to be unbearable.  Yet today we only got to 99 degrees...just imagine when the daily triple digits arrive...on second thought, NO...I do not want to imagine it!

The most important errand was pre-registering mother for her tests at the hospital next week.  If you can I highly recommend you do this ahead of time and not the day of.

Before coming home decided to stop and pick up the latest advertised special at Long John Silvers.  It is called "The Big Catch" and it truly was big and also delicious...well worth the $4.99 price.

This afternoon I took an unscheduled almost three hour nap as I watched the evening news.  Only reason I got up was because the trees and flowers needed watering.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. The older I get the more the heat seems to bother me, and it isn't even summer yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Dizzy in my childhood and teenage years the heat did not phase me, the hotter it was the better. I can not say the same for now.

      I can certainly understand why winter Texans escape back north as soon as they can. I'm thinking I need to go to South America where winter is fixing to start :(

      Delete
  2. So far Phoenix feels about like Honduras did. I'm just taking the heat day by day and not trying to think about the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoenix can be brutal in the summer time but at least you have air conditioning here something I have learned to value at this point in my life.

      Delete
  3. It was 109 at my house yesterday..I followed the shade around my house with a beer in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frann, what have you been up to girl? It has been a long time since I have seen you post anywhere.

      You are a brave woman...109 degrees and I would have had to flee to an air conditioned motel room and of course I would also have a beer in hand jajajajaja :D

      Delete
  4. Even 100 here at the house this evening, no, I'm not looking forward to a long hot summer either.
    It's good to see your still there Frann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suerte though it only reached 99 degrees today the heat index was in the triple digits.

      At least we have an air conditioner but Frann and a whole lot of folks down in Terlingua do not. They are tough folks!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.